Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - City of Industry, CA - Gale Avenue (LIVE 3 July 2021, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't see a thread so here it goes... Went to the Seasons Place plaza (四季廣場 in Chinese) at 18558 Gale Ave, City of Industry, today to find Industry CA (should this also be known Rowland Heights #2?) under construction. This is pinned in the Tesla map as Industry CA.

Screenshot_20210516-123849__01.jpg

I walked the property and it appears to be 28 to 32 spaces with V3 in 4 stall multiples. I see perhaps one or two spaces available for disabled. Parking is tight back their for those who visit that plaza.

Trenching and conduit installation is in progress on the south side adjacent to CA-60 Westbound.

IMG_20210516_123411__01.jpg

IMG_20210516_121705.jpg

IMG_20210516_121733.jpg

The west side adjacent to Jellick appears to house the cabinets. Concrete pads and conduit work appear complete.

IMG_20210516_120447__01.jpg

IMG_20210516_123138.jpg

Overall, I would the location is ok. Westbound, it's really quick to get off on Fullerton Av and make 3 quick right turns to get into the plaza. Eastbound would be a left and two quick rights. No public bathrooms.

As for the businesses.. JJs is quick as is Half n Half and Chelo Creamery. .. That was my absolute favorite. No public bathrooms. Don't think you can get Jazz Cat in the time it takes to charge at a V3.

Slurpin Ramen is ok... And Monta though not the fastest is really good. It's too bad the Matcha place isn't their anymore that place was very very good. Matcha sparkler, matcha affogato, matcha soft serve... Really miss that.

Last edited:
If I had to guess, it's 28 V3 stalls since the load on the grid from 28 V3 stalls is 2450 kW. Some utilities select maximum transformer size no larger than 2500 kVA to keep fault current at bay, unless they're running 34.5 kV or something larger than a typical 12 kV distribution system. I'm not sure what Edison's sizing philosophy is but that's my guess. They could always use 2 separate transformers to do the 32 stalls but it's highly unlikely.

If I had to guess, it's 28 V3 stalls since the load on the grid from 28 V3 stalls is 2450 kW. Some utilities select maximum transformer size no larger than 2500 kVA to keep fault current at bay, unless they're running 34.5 kV or something larger than a typical 12 kV distribution system. I'm not sure what Edison's sizing philosophy is but that's my guess. They could always use 2 separate transformers to do the 32 stalls but it's highly unlikely.

Utilities often undersize transformers, there are 12 stalls V3 sites with 500 kVA transformers. However 28 is more likely as up to 7 V3 cabinets can be connected to the shared DC bus. Firebaugh, for example, have two groups of 7 cabinets each with their dedicated transformer.

Oh dang! 28 stations in that place?! I’ve been there a few times. It used to be extremely packed packing but as of late pretty empty since many stores closed.
JJ Bakery and Half and Half are the reasons I go there these days.

Looking back at the pictures of the installed cabinets how was the conclusion reached that it was 28 to 32 stalls? I only see 5 cabinets installed in the construction pictures which does match the 20 stalls that are shown now that it’s complete.

The thread title just hadn't been updated to match reality yet, we only finally got a decent picture of the cabinets 10 days ago. Up to then, nothing was clear enough to tell exactly how many there were and the thread was started with the "28 to 32" guesstimate based on the number of parking stalls in the construction area (read the first post).

EDIT: hasn't --> hadn't; since title now has been changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1100MCM