Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clare, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More charging equipment installed as per two days ago. Also fence is beginning to come down it seems. Seems like it's extremely close to opening if not already open by now
IMHO, I think the fence is like that because of maybe a wind storm and was blown down. Still, if it doesn't affect the construction I'm fine with that!

Still making progress at the Clare, Mi Supercharger. Here are some photos from yesterday, April 20th. Weather was nice and the fence was still down on one side. They do have some wiring to do at the white boxes and some landscaping to finish up.

That is the Doherty Hotel right across from the Superchargers.

Supercharger Clare MI1.jpeg
Supercharger Clare MI2.jpeg
Supercharger Clare MI3.jpeg
Supercharger Clare MI4.jpeg

My cousin sent me a screenshot of a FB post claiming the Clare (or "Claire" as it is known in Fremont) SC is online. The pic sure looked done with fence removed and landscaping complete--but of course you can't really tell. My understanding is that the final step is a QC from a Tesla rep before they power it on. Anyone in the area?

• Informative
Reactions: mrau
F58DAFEC-CED3-47AE-808B-4CA8F699812A.jpeg
DC3F63E4-72C1-452B-9C84-F47EC497389F.jpeg
510D816F-367E-4B40-9482-26C039497D5B.jpeg
5FDC2557-C40C-4029-AE66-2D0BF17AEB44.jpeg
7A5A4D5F-2274-4489-8E76-8F9FB003807B.jpeg

Stop by Clare, Mi today. Most of the work appears to be completed. Still need some parking lines painted.
I did plug in, but no power to it yet. Notice some overhead electrical work in progress in another area of the lot, so not sure if it is related to the Supercharger. Surprised to see them doing this on a Sunday, so it may have been repair work.

I would call this location “any day now!”

I did get a few photos.

Sorry for being spammy, I was trying to Like IT Geeks post, but I can't because I'm new. So I figured I would quote IT Geek and say that I really appreciate the knowledge about the Google Maps thing (it's cool, and I haven't found any info on this process anywhere else), but I accidentally submitted the post before I typed anything.. Turns out you can't edit your posts when you are new either!!

Lols. Well, anyway, thanks for the insights, folks. Seems like a great group.

Read a news story today on WNEM Tv5 web page about renovations at the Doherty Hotel in Clare.. The last paragraph talked about the 8 new Tesla Super Charges. Unfortunately they reported the SC will be operational after Memorial Day.

Here is part of their report:

While not part of the historic renovation, 8 new Tesla Super Charging Stations have also been installed on the property and will be operational after Memorial Day. The new stations provide convenient charging for Tesla Owners traveling through Mid-Michigan in Clare, which is at the intersection of US-10 and US-127.