Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clare SA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awwww yeah! !!

Attachments

• 20170924_145113.jpg
    20170924_145113.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 123
  • 20170924_145154.jpg
    20170924_145154.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 20170924_145236.jpg
    20170924_145236.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 20170924_145255.jpg
    20170924_145255.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 106
It's fantastic just how quickly Tesla put this together. It would be great if this also gets some publicity too as well as the battery, granted that some of the iniital work would hav eben done to locate the site etc, but the actual delivery of the sites seemed extremely rapid. That is the truly great thing about electricity versus alternative fuels of any description (petrol, diesel, hydrogen etc), the entire infrastructure backbone is already there, almost anywhere where there are people, there is going to be electricity. Once the solar/Powerpack superchargers start rolling out, I imagine it would be something that can be rolled out of a truck (or several) and assembled in a day or two like a giant meccano set!!

Reactions: Attica04
Why did Tesla chose this spot in Clare for the SC. It's so far distant from the shops etc. IMO it's in the wrong place in Clare.

Ok maybe all there is within walking distance is the Clare Valley Motel itself…but what a great place. If anybody feels like exploring Clare, there’s Pikes & the Sevenhill Pub via The Riesling Trail. Mr. Mick’s, Seed & many others are a short drive or a long walk. Just go there even if you have to walk for a bit, drive for little while or ride a bike for an afternoon.

Why did Tesla chose this spot in Clare for the SC. It's so far distant from the shops etc. IMO it's in the wrong place in Clare.
I think it was a site that in all likelihood had everything available (land and power) and from the pics I have seen they're very welcoming. Sometimes availability will trump convenience, especially when Australia is a bit backward when it comes o all things electric car and renewable energy related. They also had to put this together in under three months, so a SC is much more ideal than no SC.

I think it was a site that in all likelihood had everything available (land and power) and from the pics I have seen they're very welcoming. Sometimes availability will trump convenience, especially when Australia is a bit backward when it comes o all things electric car and renewable energy related. They also had to put this together in under three months, so a SC is much more ideal than no SC.

That makes sense.With increasing SC ubiquity, it won't matter I guess. Meanwhile, take a book!