Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Claymont, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess that's possible. But it's a stretch to leap over Chester and Marcus Hook, and claim a Philly SC in Claymont.
I think @CHRGIT is right...the map just hasn't been updated yet.
This, then, leads to the next mystery. Where the heck do you put a SC in Philly?

One fairly obvious choice is the old navy base/shipyard. It's right off of 95, but not too heavily populated/tight. There are a few food places there, but not a lot else to do.

35174EC5-1D4E-42C3-A54F-D6D51370B4B4.jpeg
Went by today. All stanchions are in but still no transformer. No workers on site.

Attachments

• E5D2564C-B5FD-4BAF-90A3-55F3242CF7B5.jpeg
    E5D2564C-B5FD-4BAF-90A3-55F3242CF7B5.jpeg
    656.9 KB · Views: 115
686C6C48-A53F-402C-B5EE-393AD0B1621D.jpeg DCF23F0D-8215-4D89-AE56-EF107BB3A19F.jpeg
Some more pictures, nothing new though.

As for the site, the location is good. Its about as easy to get off and back on as you could hope for. Very busy shopping center though. I went at lunch time on a Monday and it was super crowded. There is a Taco Bell/KFC for food besides Wawa, and the HD to wander around if you are bored.

Its in the best spot for not being ICEd in the wawa lot, its still a small lot though so I would expect it to get ICEed from time to time anyway.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Mirlen and Acps110
One fairly obvious choice is the old navy base/shipyard. It's right off of 95, but not too heavily populated/tight. There are a few food places there, but not a lot else to do.
I mentioned in the Philadelphia Supercharger thread that I am speculating a SC getting put in at the Navy Yard where the new Wawa is going in. Not actually in the yard, but at the corner of 26th and Penrose Ave. This is basically right a the intersection of I-76 and I-95. Plus there has been a TON of utility work lately leading to the site.