Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clayton, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice fast charging in Clayton NM. Nice grocery store too for picking up a few supplies.

From here a very easy run over Raton Pass to Trinidad SC. Great weather today!
699EDD94-AFC5-4C1F-B2FF-692C629F8DE9.jpeg

Charged here yesterday and easily made it all the way to Pueblo even with a couple of stops, thus skipping the Trinidad chargers.

They are so tightly spaced though! DH could barely get out the passengers side door without hitting the concrete post. We pulled into the first spot and not nearly far enough because the car was complaining about a very close forward obstacle (may have been the bumper?) And the charger cord reached. I see from my photo last year we were in the 2nd spot and pulled in much farther so didn’t have this trouble. We also realized the last spot has more space and sure enough that’s where the next Tesla went.

Last edited:
Charged here yesterday and easily made it all the way to Pueblo even with a couple of stops, thus skipping the Trinidad chargers.

They are so tightly spaced though! DH could barely get out the passengers side door without hitting the concrete post. We pulled into the first spot and not nearly far enough because the car was complaining about a very close forward obstacle (may have been the bumper?). I see from my photo last year we were in the 2nd spot and pulled in much farther so didn’t have this trouble. We also realized the last spot has more space and sure enough that’s where the next Tesla went.
One trick you can do at some SC’ers - including Clayton - is park ‘horizontally‘ (along side) instead of ‘vertically’ (pulling in) for stall(s) on the outside.

At Clayton this means backing up to the first post (the post closest to the entrance to the supermarket and the only bay this logically works at) so the charge port is close to the plug. Saves you from having to negotiate the tight spots there, at least for one of the chargers.

They are so tightly spaced though! DH could barely get out the passengers side door without hitting the concrete post. We pulled into the first spot and not nearly far enough because the car was complaining about a very close forward obstacle (may have been the bumper?) And the charger cord reached. I see from my photo last year we were in the 2nd spot and pulled in much farther so didn’t have this trouble. We also realized the last spot has more space and sure enough that’s where the next Tesla went.
There's a pretty nice CCS charger in Colorado City if you have an adapter it's only 15 cents per kwh but also maxes at 75kw

Reactions: PStewart