Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clayton, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like a brand new utility pole there at the site. It doesn't appear to be connected to anything yet. Perhaps the local electrical utility is having to bring in additional service for the transformer.

The slots look like they are backwards angle in, except. There are 8, but perhaps the closest one could be a pull through?

Cyber TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. This is going to be a heavy Texan-use area after all ;)

• Funny
Reactions: rafacq
It looks like a brand new utility pole there at the site. It doesn't appear to be connected to anything yet. Perhaps the local electrical utility is having to bring in additional service for the transformer.
There is a existing 3 phase line right behind the Ranch market (~80ft away from the new pole), so it's probably just easier to do overhead instead of trenching. The substation is 3 blocks away so unless there is a capacity issue on the HV line, there is no reason this shouldn't be a v3.

The slots look like they are backwards angle in, except.
I noticed the same thing. It looks like a tight fit and backwards angle isn't the easiest to park in. It took me more than one attempt to park at the somewhat similar Lusk, WY Supercharger. (The poorly painted lines in Lusk added to the difficulty.) The stalls in Lusk are protected by a curb. Hopefully they will at least have curb stops and properly painted lines at this location or those stalls are going to get banged up.

Reactions: rafacq
I know some pics were recently posted, but as promised, I stopped through this morning to take a few more angles.
B0A757A3-293B-4464-BA2C-C6D11F508624.jpeg
818284DE-F3D2-49F6-9C23-F4D641A1A7A3.jpeg
294300DB-F139-48FA-A52F-C6E228064BB2.jpeg

Those pictures above show a couple of V3 units. Same as they used in Montrose CO:

Montrose Supercharger Station20201211_122302sf.jpg
Can we finally put to bed the question of V3?

Just give it a few years. The weirdmobile will be the Ford F150.
I remain skeptical of Cybertruck acceptance in Texas and truck-loving rural areas, such as my own. Legitimate contractor and ranch use aside, trucks as grocery-getters are intended to make the owner feel rugged and tough — it's an image thing. The CT figures to be going after a different market entirely. I presume that the Austin plant will be making Cybertrucks for "export" to other states...

That said, as a bicycle commuter I hate soot-spewing diesel trucks with a passion and they dominate the scene here.

There is a 24KW CCS at the Harley Davidson dealership, and I picked up the Setec CCS adapter to help when traveling north. Lubbock SC is set to be built in 2017,2018,2020..2022....er soon...maybe?.

Did you have any luck with the CCS adapter? I know I've read reports of several people not having much luck with them. Tom Moloughney got his to work on the first attempt.

Nice to see another Tesla in Andrews, Texas. Not many in this area. I just ordered a Model Y. Will be my 3rd Tesla.

John

Reactions: wreighven
Did you have any luck with the CCS adapter? I know I've read reports of several people not having much luck with them. Tom Moloughney got his to work on the first attempt.

Nice to see another Tesla in Andrews, Texas. Not many in this area. I just ordered a Model Y. Will be my 3rd Tesla.

John

Yep, they are rare out here. I still want to get a few pictures of my car plugged into a service outlet at a CTB.

I was able to get the Setec adapter working on firmware v140. On both an EA ABB charger and the Harley Davidson charger in San Antonio. We haven’t been to Lubbock to test the HD charger there, but it should work the same as the one in San Antonio.

I think they’re still working on compatibility with different chargers.