Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clayton, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Next trip to Denver will consist of:
Henrietta,
Childress,
Amarillo,
Tucumcari,
Las Vegas,
Trinidad,
Co Spgs

Sigh, would be nice to have that Clayton charger in before August ends since we would be taking our new MX.
We’ve driven the Tucumcari stretch to Trinidad several times and haven’t needed the Las Vegas stop at all. Of course, it depends on weather conditions, but I would think a MX should be able to safely make that distance.

Super excited this is starting to take shape. I will be driving through there Labor Day weekend (Amarillo to Trinidad leg), and will check it out. I should be able to make it from Amarillo to Trinidad in my Long Range Plus X right? ABRP seems to think so, but it will be close...

Super excited this is starting to take shape. I will be driving through there Labor Day weekend (Amarillo to Trinidad leg), and will check it out. I should be able to make it from Amarillo to Trinidad in my Long Range Plus X right? ABRP seems to think so, but it will be close...

Yes, so long as you're not driving through a snowstorm which hopefully won't be the case in early Sept! If it's really windy you may need to slow down, but it's certainly doable from a full charge.

Might be fine, just don't let your guard down.

Reactions: wreighven
Yes, so long as you're not driving through a snowstorm which hopefully won't be the case in early Sept! If it's really windy you may need to slow down, but it's certainly doable from a full charge.

We have actually had snowstorms in early September around here. And sometimes have hard winds from the west at 35 - 40 mph this time of year that would cut into range.

I think you should make it fine this time of year, but definitely monitor the weather and don't let your guard down as previous posters have suggested. Drive slowly at first and monitor the arrival percentage in the Nav. If it starts going down quickly, you need to slow down or stop at a campground.

I think you should make it fine this time of year, but definitely monitor the weather and don't let your guard down as previous posters have suggested. Drive slowly at first and monitor the arrival percentage in the Nav. If it starts going down quickly, you need to slow down or stop at a campground.
I would even start northbound toward Dumas and plan for a stop at the destination chargers there if you get off to a bad start.

My son just drove through Clayton, Sunday 8/2 morning, and checked the Ranch Market. He made the block around the market as well as went inside and asked the on duty manager, no indication of construction yet and no knowledge by the store employees at this time.

they *better* not make that supercharger on supermarket premises a "30min general parking" ... can't imagine a worse spot to get ICE'd than on the Amarillo - Trinidad leg

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
My son just drove through Clayton, Sunday 8/2 morning, and checked the Ranch Market. He made the block around the market as well as went inside and asked the on duty manager, no indication of construction yet and no knowledge by the store employees at this time.

Yes, none of my friends who live in Clayton have seen any activity, and there have not been any requests for location clearance to dig at that there yet.

If I hear anything from either source, I will post it here. I check the dig locators services about twice a week and I've got people in town who have promised to alert me if they spot anything.

IME, the thing about supermarket Supercharger locations, Jackson included, is that they cycle through cars quickly. Even if all the spaces are ICEd one will open up in a few minutes as supermarket customers finish shopping and return to their cars.

Supercharging in Jackson WY:
Supercharging in Jackson WY_20190523sf_122719.jpg

Last edited: