Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clayton, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked the New Mexico permit database and TA-DA!!!

It is permit PRT_2020015945, approved on June 2nd. The location is 315 South 1st Street, which is the Clayton Ranch Market right on US-87.

Yes, it's on US-87, but it's also close to the intersection where it meets US-54, US-64 and US-412. US Numbered Highways FTW.

Yes, it's on US-87, but it's also close to the intersection where it meets US-54, US-64 and US-412. US Numbered Highways FTW.

Fabulous find! It matches what I had seen in December with the NM811 portal. That survey looked at the north corner of the parking lot at 2nd and Oak.

I have friends who go through Clayton regularly, so now I'll have them cruise by periodically for updates.

There have been no recent dig requests, but now that we know for sure this is the location, when I spot it there we will know construction is about to start.

Excited about this SC! We just drove the Amarillo-Trinidad leg last week on our road-trip from Houston to South Fork, CO in our Model Y. It was the only difficult portion of the trip and we decided to modify our plans to stay at a hotel with a destination charger in Dumas on the northbound drive because we were afraid running out of juice in the middle of the night in NM. When this one is built, we won't have to take such precautions!

Regarding the number of stalls, I'm not worried. Clayton only has 2 operating gas stations, so the ratio of SCs to gas pumps will be great. On our recent trip we made 11 SC stops and never saw more than 3 cars charging (including us) at any stop.