Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clayton, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, they are rare out here. I still want to get a few pictures of my car plugged into a service outlet at a CTB.

I was able to get the Setec adapter working on firmware v140. On both an EA ABB charger and the Harley Davidson charger in San Antonio. We haven’t been to Lubbock to test the HD charger there, but it should work the same as the one in San Antonio.

I think they’re still working on compatibility with different chargers.

I wish Tesla would just release an adapter. They have them in Europe, one would think it wouldn't be too hard to release one in the US. As you have discovered, there are several spots in West Texas that lack coverage. When I bought my first Tesla over 5 years ago I was excited about the Lubbock supercharger........still waiting! Lol. I did use the charger at the Harley Davidson dealer in Lubbock on a BMW i3 that I recently purchased and it worked good. I've used the chargers at Best Buy in Lubbock a few times with my previous Model X and they are hit or miss. Sometimes they work, sometimes not.

We need charging access in Lubbock, Roswell, and San Angelo in my opinion. San Angelo used to have a Supercharger coming listed on the map, but after the latest update they removed it.

I haven't seen your Model Y in town. I was a little torn between the Performance Model Y and the LR and just decided to get the LR and I'll purchase the performance boost after it arrives. I loved my Performance Model X, but the LR at 4.3 seconds 0-60 will be plenty quick and I wanted the extra range. I plan on putting Martian 19" wheels on it.

What wheels do you have on your Model Y?

John

Reactions: PStewart
I've used the chargers at Best Buy in Lubbock a few times with my previous Model X and they are hit or miss. Sometimes they work, sometimes not.

We need charging access in Lubbock, Roswell, and San Angelo in my opinion. San Angelo used to have a Supercharger coming listed on the map, but after the latest update they removed it.

There are destination chargers in Roswell. They're not L3 but they're ~2x as fast as Best Buy.

the location also opens up Taos - North Texas alternate route as well as Capulin Volcano National Monument. Really excited about Clayton as it is a pleasant drive that way into Colorado
I just noticed the updates to this thread this morning; for some reason the forum software wasn't marking these updates even though I had Watch Thread enabled. My youngest is SO psyched to visit Capulin in our '20 LR+ X!

I just noticed the updates to this thread this morning; for some reason the forum software wasn't marking these updates even though I had Watch Thread enabled. My youngest is SO psyched to visit Capulin in our '20 LR+ X!
I'm not 100% sure but I believe the glitch is if you have this thread open in a browser tab, it assumes you're looking at it actively and won't give you a notification.

Reactions: wreighven
Updated photos from this morning. Not much has happened in a week due to weather.
194BDACA-0611-4E44-83C9-0FA56C032D95.jpeg
4B9CC146-B4A4-4542-8551-1E0419D8BC85.jpeg
C668E7E4-E6A8-43A3-B14C-09C64B99C7FB.jpeg
99E907FA-C1FE-4A65-86CB-86FC0E4D9924.jpeg

That's my point. Most of those who would be interested in the Cybertruck in Texas are not current truck aficionados. The two groups won't overlap much IMHO.
I don’t know. Been a truck owner…almost bought a CT, but decided for the M3 since my current needs aren’t that truck-ish. Friend of mine with a F150 (fully loaded and just bought 2 years ago) put down a deposit for a CT.

That's my point. Most of those who would be interested in the Cybertruck in Texas are not current truck aficionados. The two groups won't overlap much IMHO.
Well my last two trucks were a 2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually and a 2016 Ram 1500 Diesel and I couldn't be more excited about the Cybertruck. The functionality of my wife's Model 3 sold me and others will follow along once they realize how much better the electric life is.