Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clayton, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news to hear about Lubbock! I believe there are several folks who check regularly for permits in the Lubbock area so hopefully this shows up officially on supercharge.info soon, and while they’re at it they might as well get Clovis knocked out to open another I20->I40 route.

Why not Roswell, Carlsbad, Alamogordo, Carrizozo, and Soccoro as well?
Roswell is so needed .... in addition to Lubbock. Getting to Ruidoso NM from DFW area is a major hassle... cannot believe a city of the size of Lubbock still hasn't seen a SC. West Texas is clearly a white space on the SC map :( Down the road a Supercharger in Marfa or Alpine would be nice too ... Big Bend NP isn't doable with a Tesla unless you camp and charge locally with a NEMA 14-50 overnight

Roswell is so needed .... in addition to Lubbock. Getting to Ruidoso NM from DFW area is a major hassle... cannot believe a city of the size of Lubbock still hasn't seen a SC. West Texas is clearly a white space on the SC map :( Down the road a Supercharger in Marfa or Alpine would be nice too ... Big Bend NP isn't doable with a Tesla unless you camp and charge locally with a NEMA 14-50 overnight
I see Roswell as a thru way . . . maybe. But a few well place "Destination" chargers in NPs and even SPs would be the idea. I don't think traffic patterns warrant a full on SuC. Be nice if Biden would spend some of the Trillions "infrastructure" on a bank of DCs. Maybe a public/private investment - oh can't do that anymore.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I see Roswell as a thru way . . . maybe. But a few well place "Destination" chargers in NPs and even SPs would be the idea. I don't think traffic patterns warrant a full on SuC. Be nice if Biden would spend some of the Trillions "infrastructure" on a bank of DCs. Maybe a public/private investment - oh can't do that anymore.

I'd be thrilled with Destination chargers or urban superchargers near NP or in remote places. Beats chasing NEMA 14-50 outlets in RV parks

Made it to Clayton today on our way to Estes Park. Great location but weird parking arrangement. After driving in and was about to plug, wife said wait, don’t plug yet. I can open the door! The next stall was blocking her door! Otherwise Ranch Market is great little supermarket!

Attachments

• 0FC57E6A-375E-4950-8F2D-EFEFA2224FB7.jpeg
    0FC57E6A-375E-4950-8F2D-EFEFA2224FB7.jpeg
    527.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 108809D9-9442-4361-A8B8-26269C7D1E59.jpeg
    108809D9-9442-4361-A8B8-26269C7D1E59.jpeg
    607.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 7C61EA29-FB31-4F71-9271-122DD1C5839F.jpeg
    7C61EA29-FB31-4F71-9271-122DD1C5839F.jpeg
    513 KB · Views: 83
  • AC7883FA-F553-4B05-A546-782BF3506A31.jpeg
    AC7883FA-F553-4B05-A546-782BF3506A31.jpeg
    710.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 1C9693F0-F821-4D07-AB56-7664723AECCD.jpeg
    1C9693F0-F821-4D07-AB56-7664723AECCD.jpeg
    699.5 KB · Views: 76
Made it to Clayton today on our way to Estes Park. Great location but weird parking arrangement. After driving in and was about to plug, wife said wait, don’t plug yet. I can open the door! The next stall was blocking her door! Otherwise Ranch Market is great little supermarket!
are there restrooms in the supermarket ? stopping in clayton on the way to taos next week

Reactions: rafacq
If you had pulled all the way up to the curb stop, would the front passenger side door have been clear? I note from your pictures that you were well back from it.

Welcome to Estes. I hope you get some sun, but we're glad for the water. Maybe the fires won't repeat.

I think the trick is to pull as close to the pedestal as possible. That way the passengers have enough room to get out. We ran into the same problem when we were there and that is what I concluded to do in the future. They are pretty tight stalls but very welcome even with this flaw.

Will be heading to Colorado Sunday. Will spend Sunday night in Amarillo then on to Estes Park Monday morning. Looking forward to our stop in Clayton!
I'll wave at you from Longmont. We're heading out to visit Hanging Lake this weekend, but looking forward to taking advantage of Clayton later this summer on our trip down to San Antonio.