Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cle Elum, WA (LIVE Dec 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I look at the planned superchargers web page often. I know Cle Elum was not on the map. I wondered/theorize if this spot was being made instead of the second supercharger to be made in Elensburg. Im excide with all this new growth. It makes same day Seattle/spokane/Portland travel a lot easier. Not that i do that often.

Great! Now can we get some facts? There is no permit in the L&I database to allow this construction. There is no utility survey in that database. Can somebody find out where this is supposed to be?

There is quite a lot of info in a general WA thread, but I personally don't think this is a Supercharger.

New Supercharger locations in 2017, WA

I do think the comment from Tesla warrants creating this thread, thanks!

Screenshot_20181116-093814_Yahoo Mail.jpg

The cynic in me reads "cannot confirm specific site locations" as being in conflict with "under construction". If cle elum though takes the load off of Ellensburg that'll be good because I still feel as if Ellensburg is the best stop for SEA -> Walla Walla traffic which is my east west route. That or I'll always be stopping in Kennewick on the way back just to be sure I can make it to Cle Elum. I've been dangerously low in my ICE before leaving Walla Walla without a full tank and heading for Cle Elum and then hitting bad Ellensburg -> Cle Elum traffic and idling for a long time.

Reactions: Big Earl
I found an electrical permit for a "EV charging station Solar power New Service " on the Washington Department of Labor and Industries web site. I wonder if this is the Cle Elum supercharger?

"3112040E 10/25/2018 11/26/2018 11/8/2018 Lance Sommer 811 WA-970 #6, Cle Elum, WA 98 CLE ELUM YAKIMA Active EV Charging station, Solar Power, New service"

I found an electrical permit for a "EV charging station Solar power New Service " on the Washington Department of Labor and Industries web site. I wonder if this is the Cle Elum supercharger?

"3112040E 10/25/2018 11/26/2018 11/8/2018 Lance Sommer 811 WA-970 #6, Cle Elum, WA 98 CLE ELUM YAKIMA Active EV Charging station, Solar Power, New service"
That permit is for Cabin Creek Electric, the same company that did the GreenLots Chademo/CCS in Ellensburg and Yakima. I’m sure it’s not Tesla, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t co-locating. The solar will be similar to the Pasco DCQC, which is also part of the GreenLots DCQC.

Perhaps but I’ve seen supercharger sites sit idle for weeks at a time after being all done. I cant see the transformer on the picture either, so we are at least that far out.

You mean you don't see the massive cabinets on the concrete pedestal to the far right end of the photo? There are 6 there, and since Superchargers are paired, that means a 12 stall station...