Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cle Elum, WA (LIVE Dec 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several of us had been scouting this location since August when I heard a rumor about it going in at Pioneer Coffee, even though Cle Elum wasn’t on the Tesla map. Construction went very fast and the location is back away from the highway exit.
Ok, sorry folks. I really threw everyone off back in early August. My source said the SC would be “at the eastern exit near a coffee shop.” That’s exactly where it is. I assumed that the current location isn’t really in Cle Elum, but Teanaway, and then deflected our sleuthing into downtown. Here’s my original two posts:
Ellensburg Supercharger
Ellensburg Supercharger

• Funny
Reactions: goneskiian
Ok, sorry folks. I really threw everyone off back in early August. My source said the SC would be “at the eastern exit near a coffee shop.” That’s exactly where it is. I assumed that the current location isn’t really in Cle Elum, but Teanaway, and then deflected our sleuthing into downtown. Here’s my original two posts:
Ellensburg Supercharger
Ellensburg Supercharger
Well jeez. Had you told us it would be near the eastern exit, this would have been the first place I would have looked. As it was, I did 3 or 4 extensive drive-bys at Pioneer lol.

• Funny
Reactions: MikeBur
I looked again at the L&I permit for this address, which I looked at and postulated that it did not look like a Tesla Supercharger permit. The inspections are for 480V 800A service. Not anywhere close to enough for a SC, this is likely for the secondary charging system being installed. I don't think there is a permit for the SC construction, although of course we can't see the actual specifics of what is covered in the existing permit. Hard to fathom, though, that they would have a single permit for essentially two separate projects for two separate clients.

All of this is pretty irrelevant, since the thing is about finished. Just cautioning that it's possible there may be delays not normally seen simply due to construction and hook-up if they have to deal with permitting issues after the fact.

This is a needed location for a Supercharger, and will make the drive between Seattle and Chelan much easier. My only concern is where are the supporting services (food & restrooms). I only know of the Bistro, who's owner is apparently not happy with the Supercharger (very short sided).

This is a needed location for a Supercharger, and will make the drive between Seattle and Chelan much easier. My only concern is where are the supporting services (food & restrooms). I only know of the Bistro, who's owner is apparently not happy with the Supercharger (very short sided).
The Taneum Creek Brewery has a tasting room at the other end of the "complex". I'm sure they have restrooms, and many consider beer a food group. Not one conducive to operating a vehicle though. :rolleyes::p;)

• Funny
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Tesla needs to partner with Lime and have rental bikes available while you charge.

What's funny is that as someone who grew up in Walla Walla, I consider Cle Elum western Washington.

The wave of customers may not change her anti Seattlite/EV politics but I'm confident it will improve her attitude.
For restaurants that host a supercharger, I tend to leave a nice comment on my bill thanking them.

For sites near it that you want to "win over", maybe something similar is appropriate:
While charging at the Tesla supercharger, I noticed your bistro and I'm glad I did! Great food.

A generous tip might turn the tide too. ;)

Reactions: Araman0
A generous tip might turn the tide too. ;)
"You catch more flies with honey". But when the owner of an establishment is the one providing service, traditionally at least, you don't tip. So, tipping may win over other staff without affecting her. But that's what the increased traffic/business should do, which is basically the same thing just one step removed.

Saw this at Ellensburg Supercharger this weekend. Hopefully Tesla isn't removing the Ellensburg Superchargers to replace with Cle Elum?? My trips to Pullman and Walla Walla I don't believe Cle Elum will work (model S 85D)

Attachments

• 56528795555__BF6F8AA4-C02E-4F3D-AD1E-79221F13055A.JPG
    56528795555__BF6F8AA4-C02E-4F3D-AD1E-79221F13055A.JPG
    591.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Informative
Reactions: brianman and IdaX