Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cle Elum, WA (LIVE Dec 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
07CAD455-CB8F-41C5-B058-E1274DF58167.jpeg
039AD7FB-CA25-40A9-8FC2-237B9177963D.jpeg
Taneum Creek Brewing, a 45 second walk from the charger! Great!

I made a stop by this evening around 4pm as well. Talked with a couple of people who looked like they might be the business or property owners. They were both pleasant and told me that it's not officially open yet and expect the overhead lighting to be on in the next couple days. They also mentioned that the non-Tesla station wasn't online yet.

I have a cabin nearby so I was pretty much topped up and I had a cold battery but I plugged in anyway to see what happened - I peaked around 24kw. It's a nice charger with a Christmas tree stand immediately in front of it. The charger isn't completely obvious from the road but it was easy to see all the red Tesla logos as long as I was looking for it.

I didn't hang around more than 5 minutes but if I'm ever in a pinch or passing through on the highway it will make a nice stop.

Attachments

• 20181208_155108.jpg
    20181208_155108.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 20181208_155111.jpg
    20181208_155111.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 20181208_155340.jpg
    20181208_155340.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 20181208_155344.jpg
    20181208_155344.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 20181208_155512.jpg
    20181208_155512.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Charge.PNG
    Charge.PNG
    11.9 KB · Views: 121
Was the lady named Christine :p?
I didn't ask her name but I had been keeping up with this thread and had it in mind as I talking with her. If it happened to be the same one from earlier she seems to have changed her tone.

I explained how I live on the "west side" (a term they used first, so it's likely the same person) but have a cabin a few miles North of Cle Elum that I've only had since this Summer and how I'm excited for the winter. They, like most non-Tesla/ev drivers, made the common remark about "so you'll be driving the Tesla in the snow?" to which I enthusiastically confirmed I would be. I continued to tell them that there is a lot of excitement around the new charger on a forum and I wanted to take a look for myself. They asked if I have tried the brewery yet and suggested that I do. They seemed cautious, but not negative, about the charger. I can only imagine that the number of Teslas that have passed through already, before it's officially open, hints at what's to come for them.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf and IdaX
Anyone available Thursday to help test out the GreenLots DCQC station at the Cle Elum SC? CHadeMO and J1772 adapters needed. Also, anyone know as CCS-compatible car that could also help verify operation? The charging would be free of course. PM me so that I can provide cellphone number of my contact.

New to Tesla (MX) and this forum. After visiting the Cle Elum SC station and hanging out at the coffee shop ( great food and coffee BTW) on the way to a from Leavenworth then reading some of these comments I was actually embarrassed to own a Tesla. As a small business owner (and being highly sensitive to the challenges of small business) I highly encourage Tesla owners to spread positive energy and those involved in the processes for building out Super Charger stations to be overly sensitive to businesses and offer support to those that may be impacted by these rapid fire, high pressure build outs. This self richous approach that surrounding business owners should be honored and appreciative to host Tesla owners is not only presumptuous, but sad. We are impacting, small businesses and communities with very little resources. They are opening their doors to us. Please do not forget to be respectful, show support, spend money and at the very least spread positive vibes so these communities don't think we are all complete douche bags because as of now they do and I can see why after reading this thread. Ashamed in Cle Elum.

New to Tesla (MX) and this forum. After visiting the Cle Elum SC station and hanging out at the coffee shop ( great food and coffee BTW) on the way to a from Leavenworth then reading some of these comments I was actually embarrassed to own a Tesla. As a small business owner (and being highly sensitive to the challenges of small business) I highly encourage Tesla owners to spread positive energy and those involved in the processes for building out Super Charger stations to be overly sensitive to businesses and offer support to those that may be impacted by these rapid fire, high pressure build outs. This self richous approach that surrounding business owners should be honored and appreciative to host Tesla owners is not only presumptuous, but sad. We are impacting, small businesses and communities with very little resources. They are opening their doors to us. Please do not forget to be respectful, show support, spend money and at the very least spread positive vibes so these communities don't think we are all complete douche bags because as of now they do and I can see why after reading this thread. Ashamed in Cle Elum.
Congrats on your MX and welcome (again) to the forum.

I feel sad that anyone should feel embarrassed about owning any Tesla, doubly so if it’s due to the portrayal of other owners being boorish. I just reread this thread and noted 5 posts that could be considered (through some pretty major filters*) as potentially against one local business owner, vs the other 107. The asterisk is because I have interacted a bunch with the authors of these posts and am confident from their previous actions that nothing is further from the your perception. I have met a few self-righteous owners - the ratio is about 30:1 for me and I’m proud to be a part of this family.
I, too, laud the intent of everyone being civil, polite, and supporting local businesses. It’s a win-win opportunity and a common theme here.
The poor initial reception by some local businesses reacting emotionally is thankfully significantly rarer than those who embrace the additional potential customers. There are many accounts of people here continuing to win over local businesses.

I’m previously familiar with both the stresses of small companies surviving hand-to-mouth and also in consumer/retail space. In service industry it sucks when you have to deal with prima donnas for sure.
I also live chunks of time east of the Cascades, and have had my fair share of friendly, and some not-so, people; the latter leaving a pretty sour taste, though I now wear my “Coastie” moniker with pride ;)
I haven’t visited this site yet, though it might be interesting for you to pop into the bar next time, and see if they also have the same interpretation of Tesla owners. There may be more to this than we know.

Reactions: ChadS and MarcoRP
Has anyone gotten the Cle Elum Supercharger to show as a planned stop for Tesla derived route? I've put in various locations east or southeast of the Snoqualmie pass and the routing algorithm always plans a stop in Ellensburg instead of Cle Elum. Certainly not a big deal but just curious if anyone else noticed this?

The "Bistro" has to be making a good deal of money off of the Tesla Supercharger crowd. I've personally spent over a $10 per visit buying two latte's and easily double that if I buy a breakfast entrées.
The young ladies that work there have also provided great service, and the restrooms although for patrons only, are clean and well maintained. I find it to be my favorite stop when going between Seattle and Chelan, and isn't nearly as much a zoo, as the Warrior gas station.

Has anyone gotten the Cle Elum Supercharger to show as a planned stop for Tesla derived route? I've put in various locations east or southeast of the Snoqualmie pass and the routing algorithm always plans a stop in Ellensburg instead of Cle Elum. Certainly not a big deal but just curious if anyone else noticed this?
I haven’t tried it yet, but I would assume that the algorithm will direct the car to the farthest SC along the route, while still leaving about 15-20% SOC. Since you are starting in Kirkland, try to generate a route when you only have 50% SOC to start.

I haven’t read this whole thread, but one would think these businesses would welcome additional business from Tesla owners waiting for their charge to finish? I may have missed something.

I too do not understand what Mr. Pink is ashamed of.

This supercharger will be a boon for the businesses that share the same parking lot whether they realize it or not. The only way they can screw it up is by antagonizing Tesla owners and making them feel unwelcome.
Agreed. I don’t see any disrespectful comments. I think the lady changed her tune. It’s not like they’re located in the mall with 25 food choices. It’s either them or I’ll stay in my car and wait out that 40 mins.