Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cle Elum, WA (LIVE Dec 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The retail leases probably aren't that sophisticated in Cle Elum, but I worked retail in a previous lifetime, and it was common that non-compete clauses were written into the leases. For example at a small mall I worked in, there was a coffee shop and a sandwich/soup/salad type lunch place. The sandwich place was specifically forbidden from selling coffee and the coffee shop could not sell soup, salad, etc.

Nah, not is their basic leases there. Taneum Creek Brewery may have already added an espresso machine... I'll hit up Gabe.

Reactions: MikeBur
The retail leases probably aren't that sophisticated in Cle Elum, but I worked retail in a previous lifetime, and it was common that non-compete clauses were written into the leases. For example at a small mall I worked in, there was a coffee shop and a sandwich/soup/salad type lunch place. The sandwich place was specifically forbidden from selling coffee and the coffee shop could not sell soup, salad, etc.
Nothing a bit of bribery can’t fix ;)

As my first post, I can provide some valuable insight regarding this build out and "impact" to the Bistro. This location, as most members are aware, has been underdevelopment for almost 2 years prior to the start of construction. It had numerous design issues given the location.

All project details where discussed multiple times with all stakeholders including a publicly advertised City of Cle Elum counsel meeting to seek a variance. The construction duration was discussed at the pre-con. Tesla and their contractor went above & beyond to satisfy the Bistro's owner throughout the short construction duration. The total construction duration was just 23 calendar days or 21 working days which you are all ware is stupid fast for a Supercharger build out, let alone a fully development Supercharger site from dirt to open to public. Please let me know of another Supercharger site (12 stall min.) in North America or globally that was built that fast... Doesn't currently exist.

Tesla owners are, in general, by far more polite and understanding than 90% of the population, the other 10% are, well you know, lost in life.

Now the meat... Within the first couple days of construction the Bistro's owner was suggesting that she was going to loose "$10k" in sales per week... o_O Hmm... ok... After which ,Tesla and their contractors were threaten by Bistro's owner with lawsuits and arrest due to her multiple false accusations of trespassing calls to 911. (Public record via City of Cle Elum PD) The Bistro's owner took every opportunity to impede the construction progress of this site including filling a complaint against the City Planner. Note the Bistro's owner is "well known" throughout the valley and once held a city counsel position. Although, this Supercharger site was open to the public on Friday, December 7th, if you look at the publicly available drawings you'll notice that the drainage to the south has not been completed. One could assume that this was due to weather but in reality it was probably due to the threats made by the Bistro's owner to Tesla directly and their contractors. Better to let her collect herself, hoping she'll become rational and respectful after Tesla owners double her yearly revenue.

That said, construction can and does impact small businesses but generally with larger projects that have much longer construction durations. This was simply another case of resistance to change and a short-term perspective, by the Bistro's owner. Of course, Tesla, Tesla Owner, and Tesla fanatics are no strangers to this.

The coffee, food offerings and pricing at the Bistro are all good. It's just her perspective the needs work or may be a member or members on here are interested in buying her out... just saying. Bistro's owner had stated she wanted to sell her business... could be a Super opportunity! :D

I hope the Bristro's owner turns a new leaf but I for one won't be hold my breath.

Charge On!!! Resistance is Futile!!! :p
View attachment 374523

***Update***

Business was posted for sale yesterday who’s looking to buy?

Established Cafe & Grocery in Prime Location!

Haha... A song from wizard of OZ started playing in my head... something about a witch... and a line from the movie “My Best Friends Girl” Dah Dahdah Big “See You Next Tuesday”

***Update***

Business was posted for sale yesterday who’s looking to buy?

Established Cafe & Grocery in Prime Location!

Haha... A song from wizard of OZ started playing in my head... something about a witch... and a line from the movie “My Best Friends Girl” Dah Dahdah Big “See You Next Tuesday”
Ive submitted an offer to purchase this bistro <3 Id love your vision on improvements that can be made.

Copy some of the features of Kettleman City's supercharger- It's run by Tesla, but if you did some of the things at that site, Tesla owners would be all over it. Of course you can't just service Tesla owners, so you can't copy it entirely, but basically, they have a Lounge with seating and a nice coffee bar at Kettleman City ( they also sell Tesla merchandise there, but that's another story) With the number of chargers you have right next to you and the amount of Teslas in the region, you will have plenty of traffic that will come calling Good luck with your purchase

Copy some of the features of Kettleman City's supercharger- It's run by Tesla, but if you did some of the things at that site, Tesla owners would be all over it. Of course you can't just service Tesla owners, so you can't copy it entirely, but basically, they have a Lounge with seating and a nice coffee bar at Kettleman City ( they also sell Tesla merchandise there, but that's another story) With the number of chargers you have right next to you and the amount of Teslas in the region, you will have plenty of traffic that will come calling Good luck with your purchase
Iv actually thought about the lounge idea. Great suggestion, Thank you.

Ive submitted an offer to purchase this bistro <3 Id love your vision on improvements that can be made.
Interacting with Tesla owners here and letting us know the location will be under different ownership is a good start :)

There has also been discussion of this supercharger on the Pacific Northwest Tesla Facebook page. You could also try joining that group (you will need admin approval) and posting there. Good luck!

Northwest Tesla Owners

Reactions: Salvo and Araman0
Better late than never ...

Cle Elum, WA

Along Primary Interstates: I-90
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-90
To: Ellensburg, WA - 24.8 miles
Diversion: 1.5 miles
To: Ritzville, WA - 136.1 miles
To: Coeur d'Alene, ID - 226.4 miles

To: Kennewick, WA (I-90, WA-243, WA-240) - 130.3 miles
To: Pendleton, OR (I-90, I-82, I-84) - 206 miles

Density and choice on I-90.

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0 and IdaX
Better late than never ...

Cle Elum, WA

Along Primary Interstates: I-90
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-90
To: Ellensburg, WA - 24.8 miles
Diversion: 1.5 miles
To: Ritzville, WA - 136.1 miles
To: Coeur d'Alene, ID - 226.4 miles

To: Kennewick, WA (I-90, WA-243, WA-240) - 130.3 miles
To: Pendleton, OR (I-90, I-82, I-84) - 206 miles

Density and choice on I-90.

I don't think the diversion is 1.5 miles. More like .5 or so. The address causes some mapping programs to go a strange useless route there.