Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clearfield, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bellefonte, Milton, Williamsport: This is most difficult area:
Milton Area at I-180: Holiday Inn, Quality Inn, Steakhouse near 160 Commerce Park Dr, New Columbia, PA 17856

Not going to be the Holiday Inn, though I did get them into the destination charger program. The supercharger team wrote me that they're not interested in the site "at the present time".

Hypermiled from Macedonia to State College this past weekend. Not a fun experience on 70mph highways.

Stopped at Station 101 restaurant at the Dubois exit and told them about Tesla. The Manager said the owner is very interested. I gave them the contact I have for Tesla charging infrastructure and they were sending it to the owner right away.

The dining experience was the best we have had in a long time (before I mentioned Tesla too). There is three phase power to the site and the owner owns the hotel next door too. So there would be bathroom access in the overnight hours.

This would be an awesome spot as it is only 100 yards off the east bound exit and just a few miles from the top of the mountain which is the next exit east. Penfield

Reactions: Newscutter
I was coming back to NJ on I80 last weekend in a rental ICE (I'm 4 weeks and counting into collision repair after my 70D was t boned). I got off on route 219 in Dubois for gas. I thought the new Sheetz location that is under construction at that exit would be a perfect SC location but couldn't see any evidence of one. And then the announcement came out that Tesla was working with Sheetz. I understand the article says they haven't done anything yet but I wonder, given the secrecy around SC construction, whether they would say anything if they were building one.

I'll just have to hope I guess. I travel from NJ to Zelienople, PA several times a year and I like to go via 80 once in a while even though it's about 30 mins longer than the PA turnpike, just for the variety.

Ken

Given the sudden appearance of the Bloomsburg Supercharger, I think this specific Ruby Tuesday in DuBois has shot to the top of the list for potential locations.

Attachments

• rubt.JPG
    rubt.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 79
Yeh, I thought the intersections 80/180/15 made more sense, but if they have an agreement with Ruby Tuesday, this might have gotten things done a lot faster.

Does help those folks getting on/off at 81 and the NE extension though as opposed to Tannersville. I couldn't do Rochester without going through Binghamton which adds probably 30 minutes.

Everyone has different routes and what works for some won't work for others. We're getting there, that's what's important! When I got my MS about a year and a half ago, PA was pretty barren.

Reactions: madodel
I talked to someone at Dubois borough council and they said they know of nothing in the borough. They said the area we are interested in is Sandy Twp.

I have not had a chance to contact them yet. Here is their contact info if someone wants to call.

1094 Chestnut Ave
DuBois, Pa 15801
Office: (814)-371-4220

They said the area we are interested in is Sandy Twp.
Interesting -- according to Google Maps, Sandy Township (highlighted in pink in the image) includes both I-80 interchanges near DuBois (at routes 219 and 255), as well as a Walmart, the DuBois Mall, and at least four name-brand hotels. DuBois itself seems to be contained entirely within Sandy.
upload_2016-10-11_22-36-20.png

• Informative
I live in York, PA and drive to the Niagara Region of Ontario, Canada once a year. I typically use the Peace Bridge to cross into Canada. My next trip (May 2017) will be my first driving a Tesla. Presently it looks like I would have to go significantly out of my way either to the east or west.

A SC anywhere at or between exit 111 (80/219) and exit 162 (80/99) or at exit 210 (80/15) would be perfect for my purposes.

This thread has been inactive for about three months now and I wondered if there was any progress or news . I periodically drive between New Jersey and the Midwest and prefer to take Interstate 80 through Pennsylvania to save time. I am planning a trip in July and was hoping to see a SC in the DuBois area by then. I have written to the Tesla SC team and they asked if I had any suggestions for placement. I was hoping they were looking into that. Are there any updates? Anything I can do to help? I would think there are a number of Tesla owners that would use this route.

Also, are there other charging solutions people have used to get from Bloomsburg SC to Macedonia SC while staying on 80? Thanks!

I am planning a trip in July and was hoping to see a SC in the DuBois area by then. I have written to the Tesla SC team and they asked if I had any suggestions for placement. I was hoping they were looking into that. Are there any updates? Anything I can do to help? I would think there are a number of Tesla owners that would use this route.

It's surprising that I-80 completion is not a higher priority that it has been. A single route, I-70, from midwest to the East Coast megalopolis seems pretty anemic. I-86 also needs attention but emphasis seems to be on I-90.

Reactions: Drucifer
Tesla updated it's supercharger map today (or very recently). The new map shows "Coming Soon" locations:
Bellefonte, PA
Falls Creek, PA
West Middlesex, PA

All three are welcome news for the I-80 corridor. For N/S travelers they also identify Erwin, NY as Coming Soon.

Yeah!

Tesla updated it's supercharger map today (or very recently). The new map shows "Coming Soon" locations:
Bellefonte, PA
Falls Creek, PA
West Middlesex, PA

All three are welcome news for the I-80 corridor. For N/S travelers they also identify Erwin, NY as Coming Soon.

Yeah!
Really great news! Can't come soon enough! I'm impressed with the number of superchargers they plan to install in the near future.