Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clearwater, FL (V3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m really confused. I charge the slowest at this location which is V3. I’m here right now getting 66kW. I usually charge at the V2 Pinellas Park location and get around 120kW. I even preconditioned before coming here tonight with 40% battery levels. Something is off or V3 is not what was promised.

It may be a perhaps temporary peculiarity of the individual stations. A prior poster was getting 175 Kw and showed a picture that indicated he was at the station closest to the main unit. I was at the second station. I can't think of any reason some stations aren't up to speed yet, but that could be the difference.

Moderator note (bmah): This post moved from another thread.

FINALLY the new Clearwater Supercharger is online only 14 months behind schedule. Located at the Wawa on US 19 and Countryside Blvd. with 8 spaces.
20200223_005946.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
went today .. As I pulled up a gentleman in stall 2 got out to let me know stalls 4 & 5 did not work. I went into stall 1 and was getting under 60kwh so I tries stall 8, that did not work at all. Then I went back to stall 1and got this
thumbnail

my charging completed at 12:44 which is 53 minutes . I tried to call but the phone message says 'if you are calling about a charger not working ... we already know '
PS site was clear at 11:30 when we arrived , by 12:15 there were 3-4 ice vehicles, next to us was a man who pulled up just to eat a salad in the car and another car that wasnt even going to Wawa! they parked then walked thru the bushes to the building behind. Its worth noting that these are some of the very few spots in the shade , very important in Florida

Can confirm that stall 5 (counting from right to left when standing in front of the Wawa and looking at the chargers) was not working properly. Also, the in-car nav always shows two chargers as not available. If someone has the new update possibly they can see if it shows two under maintenance.

In positive news though Rack Electric was onsite installing the signs. I was going to ask about the chargers not working but he went on a break before I could catch him. I only saw two signs completed and they were to the far left. The signs were Tesla parking only. I will be able to stop by again in a few days unless someone else does to see if all signs are Tesla only or if there are some general parking spots as well.

Can confirm that stall 5 (counting from right to left when standing in front of the Wawa and looking at the chargers) was not working properly. Also, the in-car nav always shows two chargers as not available. If someone has the new update possibly they can see if it shows two under maintenance.

In positive news though Rack Electric was onsite installing the signs. I was going to ask about the chargers not working but he went on a break before I could catch him. I only saw two signs completed and they were to the far left. The signs were Tesla parking only. I will be able to stop by again in a few days unless someone else does to see if all signs are Tesla only or if there are some general parking spots as well.

There are now 7 signs between the supercharger stations. The 2 signs on the far left say Tesla Vehicle Charging Only. The other 5 signs say 15 minute general parking. During the 15 minutes I was charging, the 2 Superchargers on the far left with Tesla only signs were both ICEd for a short period of time.

There are now 7 signs between the supercharger stations. The 2 signs on the far left say Tesla Vehicle Charging Only. The other 5 signs say 15 minute general parking. During the 15 minutes I was charging, the 2 Superchargers on the far left with Tesla only signs were both ICEd for a short period of time.

There is also one more Supercharger to the far left that has a light pole. That sign has a generic parking for Wawa Customers only.

Reported to Tesla about the two stalls not working. They responded they would pass on the request to the local team. Received 2020.8.1 a day or two from the report and noticed on the in-nav screen two stalls as out of order. Stopped by today and one (5th counting left to right) has a bag over it. Two more to the left (7th right to left or 2nd from left to right) has the handle bubble wrapped and taped.

IMG_1026.jpeg

IMG_1033.jpeg

IMG_1034.jpeg