Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clearwater, FL (V3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This station should be online fairly shortly. Tesla Energy was onsite yesterday. Also yesterday the City of Clearwater inspector released the request to Duke for connection to power and metering at 1:30 PM. Today was a partial pass with the notes, "Pass pending installation of last two delivery units ."

I will be stopping by the location again tomorrow at the latest to see if there are any noticeable updates or progress. If anyone gets there before then please check to see if Duke has physically installed the meter. After that, we will be up to the mercy of Tesla turning on the station.
That looks like it's along US 19. Where is it?

The fence is down and the pedestals are covered again. Duke will need to install the meter as seen in the second and third photos. The Tesla only/time limit signs still need to be installed. What is interesting is the signpost are on the lines and the superchargers are located in the middle of the spots. Typically aren't these shifted more to the right of the spots?

IMG_0526.jpeg
IMG_0527.jpeg
IMG_0529.jpeg
IMG_0530.jpeg

We will be in the area this coming Sunday coming from Atlanta. I’m jealous how many superchargers are in the Tampa/Clearwater area.

We’re staying at a Hilton Garden Inn at Brandon with destination chargers, but will likely hit up one of the superchargers before heading to Orlando on Monday afternoon.

I am onsite right now and one of the inspectors just finished. I will monitor the permit site today and report on the results once they are posted.
I decided to stop by for a quick sandwich at Wawa and to check on things as I head back to Seminole County, and the pedestals are still covered up and the Tesla Charging Only parking signs missing. I guess this is what I get for finishing work early today!

I wonder if there will be a lot of icing here. It’s lunch time but the plaza has been packed and there are 6/8 charging spots iced right now. I guess that’s to be expected without the restricted parking signs, but it’s still a slight concern.

Both inspections passed today. The City of Clearwater considers this project as complete. Now we wait for Tesla to activate the station. Note that I will not be able to provide any status updates for a bit. I would expect the station to come online before I am able to check again so if there is anyone in the area that can check on the progress and report back to the community here that would be appreciated.

Reactions: shonoff76 and Drax
I wonder if there will be a lot of icing here. It’s lunch time but the plaza has been packed and there are 6/8 charging spots iced right now. I guess that’s to be expected without the restricted parking signs, but it’s still a slight concern.

I expected a lot of ICEing to happen so I hope those planning a trip around the area and need this supercharger to continue does plan and budget accordingly.

However, at the same time, this location does have some positives. First, there isn't too much in the area that a normal ICE driver will park in a supercharger spot and leave for a long time. Most likely they are going into the Wawa which means to grab a sandwich, use the restroom, grab a drink, etc. so, in theory, they should only be in the store 10-20 min. The second is since this is a v3 location we don't have to worry about shared power and the rates should be faster (I think this holds true even for older models?? May not be the 250KW peak, but still, an improvement, especially as there is no sharing. This means that those Teslas that are charging may even move before the cars that are ICEing.

Reactions: Drax
Both inspections passed today. The City of Clearwater considers this project as complete. Now we wait for Tesla to activate the station. Note that I will not be able to provide any status updates for a bit. I would expect the station to come online before I am able to check again so if there is anyone in the area that can check on the progress and report back to the community here that would be appreciated.

We will be in town Sunday afternoon/evening. Will post an update of no one else has by that time.

I drove by this morning at about 7:45. Covers were still on the individual stations, so no charging yet.

Some of the stations were ICE-d, but all the spots on the back of the building, closer to the entrance, were empty. From that I infer management has directed employees to park far away, allowing customers access to the better parking spaces. If so, they will certainly be directed to honor the charging spots when they open and some of our ICE-ing fears will go away. I'm personally not worried. Most people will do the right thing.

I drove by this morning at about 7:45. Covers were still on the individual stations, so no charging yet.

Some of the stations were ICE-d, but all the spots on the back of the building, closer to the entrance, were empty. From that I infer management has directed employees to park far away, allowing customers access to the better parking spaces. If so, they will certainly be directed to honor the charging spots when they open and some of our ICE-ing fears will go away. I'm personally not worried. Most people will do the right thing.

Some of the Wawa associates park in the lot immediately behind Wawa where the kidney center is located. Only time will tell.