Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cleveland, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since both Strongsville an Sheffield Superchargers are almost ready (I visited both of them today), I am wondering if the one slated for Cleveland is under construction as well. Does anyone have any ideas about a possible location? I wouldn’t mind checking a few spots. Any suggestions? Does anyone know how to search for a permit?

Well, the number of Superchargers within a 25-mile radius of Cleveland has tripled as of yesterday!
Strongsville and Sheffield Superchargers are now on line! I charged at both of them last night.
The next in line is Cleveland itself. So, who will guess the location? ;)

Well, the number of Superchargers within a 25-mile radius of Cleveland has tripled as of yesterday!
Strongsville and Sheffield Superchargers are now on line! I charged at both of them last night.
The next in line is Cleveland itself. So, who will guess the location? ;)
A year later, still nothing. I wish they just put some supercharger outside of the service center already, like Porsche did for their upcoming Taycan...

A year later, still nothing. I wish they just put some supercharger outside of the service center already, like Porsche did for their upcoming Taycan...
I thought I would note that this is not the best idea. Tesla did this at the SC in Cincinnati and the superchargers were always crowded due to the SC using them (for charging service cars, loaner cars, customer demonstrations, customer deliveries, etc). This became even worse when M3 rolled out. Tesla opened a new supercharger down the road and has now de-listed the supercharger at the SC from the in-car nav map (even though it's still there and usable, and still listed on their website map).

Reactions: MarcoRP
I've made enough trips to New York state and back that I wish there was an option between Erie and Sheffield along I-90. In my SR+ Model 3 I have to charge to 80% or more at Erie to make it to Sheffield. My guess for a decent location, assuming they want to put chargers around the highways and outside of downtown, would be at I-90 and I-271 near Willoughby. Many of the new chargers have been put in at Sheetz locations and there's a new Sheetz being put in at 6035 Som Center Rd (Google Maps) which is perfectly located for a supercharger. Anyone in the area that can keep an eye on the construction there to see if any of the tell-tale signs of a supercharger install are there?

Reactions: HTWOMS
The Detroit one shows Q2 2022 and has been pushed out multiple times. I wouldn't hold my breath. They will likely just push the date on the Cleveland one.
It’s interesting that the new Erie PA Perry Highway location shows Q1 2022 and that one is already well along the way being built out. The new Cleveland location says Q4 2021 so I would expect that it should be almost done just like the one in Brooklyn. I’m voting for a location on the east side such as Mentor/Painesville or Route 44 would be perfect for me and would fill a huge gap between Erie and Cleveland for long distance travelers.

I see that in Tesla's updated map of existing and proposed SCs, there is one shown in Mentor. It says it is expected to open in Q3 of 2022. As I said in my previous post, there are several Sheetz stations there that might be a good location for this new SC.

Page 5: https://www.shakeronline.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_01132022-765?packet=true
"Tesla has indicated interest in a Supercharger site; in review among various City departments."

Shaker Heights Sustainability Committee meeting from December 2021 had the above item in it. Sounds like it's just very preliminary discussions at this point, no guarantee that it ever progresses to an actual supercharger site. Also, it's not likely to be the location that Tesla had on their map during much of 2021 showing a supercharger in Cleveland with a Q4 2021 targeted opening date (and which marker is no longer on the map post update #1 of 2022).

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
I just saw this from MarcoRP on Twitter, do you think this is the Cleveland one?
FZf35oZWQAAymEg.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 15.05.14.png

If you didn't see this yet, the map has been updated with some other new locations in Ohio too! (His reply after the tweet about Colorado.)
IMG_5955.PNG

I just saw this from MarcoRP on Twitter, do you think this is the Cleveland one?
View attachment 837483
View attachment 837485
If you didn't see this yet, the map has been updated with some other new locations in Ohio too! (His reply after the tweet about Colorado.)
View attachment 837486

@corywright @Chuq.

This looks like it should have a Blue Dot. 12 stalls at the Shops at Church Square.
41.504172, -81.632465
Since there was the Cleveland SC, to use the name in the Permit document Cleveland - Euclid Ave, OH should be good.

By my rules that's on I-90, US-6, US-20, US-321 and US-422.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tezla041