Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clovis, CA (LIVE 19 Mar 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, there wasn't a fence, I didn't notice any paint either. I was shopping at the Sprouts walked over hoping to see the fence and signs of construction. Looks like the picture you just posted.
Drove by today and can confirm, no fence nor further activity. “Under construction” might have been premature for this one.

711DF7FC-5892-43E8-8C35-58A133942F3B.jpeg
CBABECF9-E1F1-4434-A4E9-561D90AF49E7.jpeg

Is it just me or is the placement of these pedestals totally bonkers?

To use these you’re gonna have to back in to stalls facing the wrong way in one-way directional aisles. And that stall in the foreground is right in the middle of the spot… you’re gonna be hanging way out into the aisle to use that thing.

Maybe they’re gonna re-stripe it somehow when they’re done, but things look super goofy as they sit.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is the placement of these pedestals totally bonkers?

To use these you’re gonna have to back in to stalls facing the wrong way in one-way directional aisles. And that stall in the foreground is right in the middle of the spot… you’re gonna be hanging way out into the aisle to use that thing.

Maybe they’re gonna re-stripe it somehow when they’re done, but things look super goofy as they sit.
It looks like pull in forward stalls. The Santa Rosa install let you back in far enough so you could actually charge in the opposite non-Tesla parking spot and charge.

They're on the wrong side of the car for that. Frankly their placement right in the middle of the stall makes no sense for forward OR backward orientation. Still scratching my head on this one.

I'm gonna guess they're back-in angled stalls (which someone, maybe you?, posited upthread). Sacramento Arden Way is like this (well most of the stalls are anyway), and there was some recent discussion of a site in SoCal that also does this.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: ucmndd
They're on the wrong side of the car for that. Frankly their placement right in the middle of the stall makes no sense for forward OR backward orientation. Still scratching my head on this one.

I think they have to be pull-in stalls, they are too far out for back-in. Due to the angle the car makes when pulling in, the pedestals will be closer to the back corner of the car than it looks. Though it seems they could be a few feet further out. I think the cable will reach fine, but the pedestal placement may block opening the back doors all the way.

I think they have to be pull-in stalls, they are too far out for back-in. Due to the angle the car makes when pulling in, the pedestals will be closer to the back corner of the car than it looks. Though it seems they could be a few feet further out. I think the cable will reach fine, but the pedestal placement may block opening the back doors all the way.
The ones by Herndon look like back in, the angled ones look like pull-,ins

Reactions: Hoffbrew
For backing in, looks like the chargers are going to be about where the rear door would open unless they are installing new parking stops way in front of the actual existing curbs. Very interesting placement. Cord still reaches the charging port but...