Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clyde, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
Last edited:
Haha, one in Clyde but they couldn't come the 10 miles over and put one in my home turf, Abilene? Don't get me wrong, I'm always for more superchargers... So my comment is more tounge-in-cheek :D

As a side note, Is it possible that it's an EA site? Nothing about it specifically says Tesla.

Haha, one in Clyde but they couldn't come the 10 miles over and put one in my home turf, Abilene? Don't get me wrong, I'm always for more superchargers... So my comment is more tounge-in-cheek :D

As a side note, Is it possible that it's an EA site? Nothing about it specifically says Tesla.
3 things that point towards Tesla. The RAS, the Tenant and the Design Firm. The RAS and Design firm doesn't fully confirm it but the tenant does. He's appeared in many other filings in other permitting sites for Tesla. @MarcoRP and @mociaf9 are way more knowledgeable on this btw, they may be able to provide better insight.

Here's what I do to play around with the search function:

Go to: For RAS: 472
For Design Firm: "GPD Tesla Dewberry Paulicon Horn" (search uses the OR operator here)

You'll see a pattern, and you'll see Rivian and Volta use the same RAS and Design Firm.

The only one that comes to mind (at least post 2019) that didn't fit into that search was Denison.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
3 things that point towards Tesla. The RAS, the Tenant and the Design Firm. The RAS and Design firm doesn't fully confirm it but the tenant does. He's appeared in many other filings in other permitting sites for Tesla. @MarcoRP and @mociaf9 are way more knowledgeable on this btw, they may be able to provide better insight.

For Design Firm: "GPD Tesla Dewberry Paulicon Horn" (search uses the OR operator here)

You'll see a pattern, and you'll see Rivian and Volta use the same RAS and Design Firm.

The only one that comes to mind (at least post 2019) that didn't fit into that search was Denison.
Good to know. Thanks.

Thats a newish Valero station there. I drive by there from time to time. It doesn't even show on the Google Satellite images yet...

Search for the Tenant plus Tesla hit on the above LinkedIn profile.

I keep looking for one right on I-20 between Lindale & Cisco so as to not have a stop in the Dallas-Ft. Worth craziness. I have an early 2018 M3 LR so it has been doable by charging to 100% @ either end, but it's rather a long drive & I don't like to go below 20% unless it's necessary.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC

I agree with you and the things you mentioned were the same things I looked at and recognized in the listing. It'd be nice if Tesla showed Clyde, TX (or something close by) on their map with a coming soon pin, but they leave them off regularly enough to not make it a concern.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I keep looking for one right on I-20 between Lindale & Cisco so as to not have a stop in the Dallas-Ft. Worth craziness. I have an early 2018 M3 LR so it has been doable by charging to 100% @ either end, but it's rather a long drive & I don't like to go below 20% unless it's necessary.
If I could just stick to I-20, I'd be so happy. Hoping the Buccee's in Terrell opens soon. I did notice some CCS chargers on I-20 when around DFW area.

I live fairly close to Clyde, so I took a quick trip out earlier to see if there was any work being done yet.

I think this may be under construction. Lots of trenches dug up with conduit being laid and what looks like a concrete pad getting ready to be poured. I did not see any "Tesla" specific equipment though. Workers were actively working so I was trying not to be creepy and didn't get very close but looks like they were storing equipment in a U-Haul truck.

IMG_1438.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

Wow!! I went out earlier to check the site and was super surprised. They not only have made a lot of progress but there are a lot more stalls than I thought there would be!

There are going to be 20 v3 stalls. Not sure who to tag to update supercharge.info but I guess the Clyde, TX entry needs to be changed from 8 to 20 stalls on there.

The stalls are not active yet; I did try and plug in but absolutely nothing happened.

Once active, this will be a nice option heading west form DFW. Just as a reminder, this location is about 10 miles east of Abilene on I-20.

IMG_1456.JPG
IMG_1457.JPG