Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coalinga, CA (LIVE 15 Dec 2022, 80 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...were you able to get a charge or no? :)

Bruce.
Yes, another pedestal worked for me. Several other cars were already charging when I arrived.

E7F42733-9EDE-4A4B-922F-29510F64D6EF.jpeg

The restaurant does provide free golf cart rides to the entrance but it's kinda annoying that the last thing you see going in is the Electrify America chargers right at the door.

I don't know WHY they would remove the old chargers, if you wanna go in and sit down for dinner, you want to charge at a slower charger.

Reactions: Artful Dodger
I think that we can count on one hand the number of locations where Tesla has removed an original installation after it was replaced by a newer V3 location. Joplin, Missouri comes to mind (but the original location was a veritable dump.) I think the Beaver, Utah location is being upgraded and replaced, not removed, but I could be wrong about that. There are likely others that I have not visited or know of--but not that many.

I think israndy is correct. Tesla will maintain the stalls across the lot from the restaurant. With Tesla adding dozens of stalls up and down Interstate 5 every year, it seems counterintuitive to remove 18 or 20 that serve a valid purpose. Parenthetically I might add, some of us older, ahem, male types need to stop while traveling more often than younger male types or our distaff counterparts. The ability to stop, plug in for a few minutes while visiting the facilities, and return to continue is a lot easier to do when it is a 30-yard walk to the restaurant. Opportunity charging at its best! ;)

I think that we can count on one hand the number of locations where Tesla has removed an original installation after it was replaced by a newer V3 location. Joplin, Missouri comes to mind (but the original location was a veritable dump.) I think the Beaver, Utah location is being upgraded and replaced, not removed, but I could be wrong about that. There are likely others that I have not visited or know of--but not that many.

I think israndy is correct. Tesla will maintain the stalls across the lot from the restaurant. With Tesla adding dozens of stalls up and down Interstate 5 every year, it seems counterintuitive to remove 18 or 20 that serve a valid purpose. Parenthetically I might add, some of us older, ahem, male types need to stop while traveling more often than younger male types or our distaff counterparts. The ability to stop, plug in for a few minutes while visiting the facilities, and return to continue is a lot easier to do when it is a 30-yard walk to the restaurant. Opportunity charging at its best! ;)
Tesla removed the original stall here at coalinga when they put in the ones closer to the restaurant. Not saying they’ll do something like that again. Just hoping that won’t be the case this time around.

I don't know WHY they would remove the old chargers, if you wanna go in and sit down for dinner, you want to charge at a slower charger.
Also, at least for the immediate future, you’re not likely to arrive with 40 cars charging so can leave car plugged in at new chargers without worrying about idle fees. That’s one way I see you can sit down to eat at restaurant there while charging. Again, won’t be forever but for now.