Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cobourg, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Chuq 1125 Elgin Street West, Highway 2, Cobourg, ON K9A 5T9

Attachments

• DC6BA2D9-2E56-487A-BA85-557B5C9D58A4.png
    DC6BA2D9-2E56-487A-BA85-557B5C9D58A4.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 348
What a terrible location at almost 2km from the hwy. Not sure who is in charge of planning lately but I'm going to lose it with Tesla, I have growing bitterness about SC that were promised back in 2018 and this has me to wanting me to cancel my current Y out of spite. Still waiting on Brockville and Renfrew (removed :( ) to access Algonquin Park from Ottawa. Both the recent Kemptville and this has me questioning if they actually care about use and need.

What a terrible location at almost 2km from the hwy. Not sure who is in charge of planning lately but I'm going to lose it with Tesla, I have growing bitterness about SC that were promised back in 2018 and this has me to wanting me to cancel my current Y out of spite. Still waiting on Brockville and Renfrew (removed :( ) to access Algonquin Park from Ottawa. Both the recent Kemptville and this has me questioning if they actually care about use and need.
Tesla does not dictate where the roads are. They can only install SCs where businesses will allow them. You want SCs closer to highways? Lean on the people that own the land where you want them to go.

Tesla does not dictate where the roads are. They can only install SCs where businesses will allow them. You want SCs closer to highways? Lean on the people that own the land where you want them to go.
I understand this. This doesn't excuse the terrible locations and them breaking promises on past locations. I don't think they are trying hard enough to put them in needed and promised long ago locations.

What's wrong with the Kemptville location. Isn't it directly adjacent to the 416? Where else should it be in Kemptville? Or are you saying that it should be somewhere other than Kemptville?
I agree. Short of putting them on the shoulder of the highway, that's as good as you'll get in Kemptville. Coming off the 416 the only place to go is onto the roundabout, and the SuperChargers are right off the roundabout in the CT parking lot.

Reactions: navguy12
What's wrong with the Kemptville location. Isn't it directly adjacent to the 416? Where else should it be in Kemptville? Or are you saying that it should be somewhere other than Kemptville?
Nothing but I'm just frustrated it is being built before the more needed Brockville that was promised in 2018, I would also be happy with Prescott. In my opinion Kemptville is too close to Ottawa and the Robinson SC for now, also it is a little far from the hwy (although not as bad as others, and manageable).
Just like this Coburg SC, it is far from the hwy and is too close to the Port Hope SC(for now). There are much more needed locations.

Nothing but I'm just frustrated it is being built before the more needed Brockville that was promised in 2018, I would also be happy with Prescott. In my opinion Kemptville is too close to Ottawa and the Robinson SC for now, also it is a little far from the hwy (although not as bad as others, and manageable).
Just like this Coburg SC, it is far from the hwy and is too close to the Port Hope SC(for now). There are much more needed locations.
You’ve used the word “promised” a few times. To my knowledge, Tesla has never promised specific locations. They have an aspirational map at www.Tesla.com/findus but it’s a far stretch to say that’s a promise. Sometimes those locations don’t pan out for one reason or another. If a sales person said something was coming soon, it’s a stretch to say that’s a promise, too.

You’ve used the word “promised” a few times
Actually back in 2018 when I got my car it was worded in way that it will be done by EOY, and the Renfrew and Brockville SC was big sell to my wife and a major reason we got a Tesla. They have since changed how it is phrased. I had pulled up the language in a past discussion using the way back machine but can't be bothered again.
I'm so tired of dye hard Tesla Fan boys defending Tesla as if they can do no wrong, and can't be criticized.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vawlkus
Agreed, but I am guessing that the issue with Brockville is driven by a local issue around the site or permitting. I go from Scarborough to Manotick so stopping at Belleville and either Kemptville or Brockville will suffice for me. Both of them is ideal, but one or the other will solve any range anxiety on winter trips.

Reactions: GoldenBasis