Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coeur d'Alene, ID

webbbcam

not-so-junior member
Sep 9, 2014
Coeur d'Alene, ID
POSSIBLE SIGNS OF LIFE IN COEUR D'ALENE.

I just visited the site today and it looks like there is some (very) preliminary work being done for the transformer pad. The current buried electrical conduits have been marked by a locating service and painted red. There are three surveyor stakes that are marked KEC (Kootenai Electric Cooperative- a local provider) at the very Northwest corner of the Golden Corral parking lot. The potential charging stalls are still covered with a couple feet of snow. Hopefully the plowing contractor next year will clear this spot and find another place to dump the snow.

The first image is from the NW corner of the lot looking east. The second image is looking west showing the conduit location paint.

The Golden Corral is on the left and a Buffalo Wild Wings on the right. US95 is between them. The site is 0.6 miles from the exit 12 of I90 and is NOT accessible directly from US95. Instead you turn west on Nieder Rd and turn into the parking lot after 1/2 block or from N Fruitland Ln.

John

(This is my first attempt at uploading images. I hope it works).

Attachments

• 2015-02-02 12.20.38.jpg
    2015-02-02 12.20.38.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,014
  • 2015-02-02 12.23.02.jpg
    2015-02-02 12.23.02.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,003

webbbcam

not-so-junior member
Sep 9, 2014
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Coeur d'Alene SC now moving more quickly. :biggrin:

They have cleared the snow from the work area.
There has been delivery of 11 pallets of Tesla branded boxes including 3 transformer cabinets, a bobcat loader, a sealed shipping container and a garbage trailer. Ground not yet broken but they look serious this time around.

2015-02-05 12.50.11.jpg

View attachment 71383

Last edited:

Cottonwood

Roadster#433, Model S#S37
Feb 27, 2009
Colorado
Coeur d'Alene SC now moving more quickly. :biggrin:

They have cleared the snow from the work area.
There has been delivery of 11 pallets of Tesla branded boxes including 3 transformer cabinets, a bobcat loader, a sealed shipping container and a garbage trailer. Ground not yet broken but they look serious this time around.

Thanks for the update; great news!

Those cabinets are the Distribution Center that will go inside the Equipment Enclosure. The transformer will be provided later by the utility. The Distribution Center is tall and grey; the Utility Transformer will be shorter and green (or sand color in Arizona). This a common misunderstanding.

Vger

Apr 10, 2009
Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada
Finally! I have not missed this one as much as I might, since from BC CdL can be a good overnight spot, but still, it is great to see this perennially delayed site finally moving. Now, if we could just get the hole in I-90 in Wyoming plugged!

miimura

Aug 21, 2013
Los Altos, CA
Six. There will be another one next to the back end of the Bobcat track in the last picture. That will be a head-in spot while the other 5 are back-in.

webbbcam

not-so-junior member
Sep 9, 2014
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Thanks for the photos webbbcam!

Any updates?

I stopped by after work and see that they have installed the 3 white and 3 grey electrical cabinets on the pad and are building the enclosure around them. It doesn't look like any electrical connections have been made and there is no transformer yet. I will try to get better pictures this weekend.

John

2015-02-19 18.32.32.jpg

MikeL

some guy
Jan 24, 2013
Very nice, thanks! I will definitely be road trippin into that one someday. Soon I sincerely hope.

only 4? I suspect it's pre wired for expansion to 6 or 8 as I have recently seen around here. ML

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC