Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coeur d'Alene, ID (LIVE Feb 2015, 6 V2 + 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found these options, one in Spokane and one in CDA...
Until Coeur d'Alene opens, remember that my son FredA on plugshare has a HPWC in Spokane installed for the benefit of all Model S owners (and his father from Seattle, me). He's had a few owners stop by, but he'd enjoy more. Sixty miles from Ritzville, a little more than an hour top off and 140 miles to Superior...

I have to agree with ChadS. There still are significant holes in the "northern route".

Ritzville to Missoula is 258miles with two mountain passes between Coeur d'Alene and Missoula.

The Coeur d'Alene Supercharger is sadly delayed (this is where I live....anyone need a NEMA 14-50? give me a PM)...
Coeur d'Alene to Missoula is 166 miles which will tax your MS85 especially in the winter.

Nonetheless "soon close"

John

According to the About page on supercharge.info, the "permit" status means one has been submitted.
it's up to us to scour and find the permit and send it to the site.

I admit, I'm pretty remote from Coeur d'Alene, so I can't check the actual status of the site (construction, etc). I'll have a friend passing through there in late January, I'll have him snap a photo to post.

Last edited:
FOUND THE PERMIT:

http://building.cdaid.org/Permits?permitNum=124860

Address:3502 N FRUITLAND LN

Terrible location if this address is true. The parking lot of a realty and optomitry office building? Texas RoadHouse is close by and Red Lobster is across HW95, but not what I would consider convenient in the winter. I would think they would have picked a location closer to I90, which is the main highway.

My choice would have been 1501 West Riverstone Drive, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814. Much more shoping and dinning options.

The location is looking better when you find that the satellite images don't show a Golden Corral at 3458 N Fruitland Ln next to the SuperCharger address. Here is the Yelp link to Golden Corral that opened mid 2014. Yelp Captcha

More confusion occurs when Google Maps shows 3502 N Fruitland Ln south of 3458 N Fruitland Ln. Apple Maps shows it north of Golden Corral.

The Golden Corral reviews may not be the greatest, but I have always enjoyed the sizable servings of cooked vegetables and salad bar. Since this location is only a mile from my cousin, it will be a handy place to charge up. I recently stayed at the highly rated SpringHill Suites when they were having their two HPWC installed. With their GE J1772 charge stations, there are plenty of places to charge overnight. Stay clear of the pine trees if possible to keep your Model S clean.

Last edited:
The location is looking better when you find that the satellite images don't show a Golden Corral at 3458 N Fruitland Ln next to the SuperCharger address. Here is the Yelp link to Golden Corral that opened mid 2014. Yelp Captcha

Yes. There is also a Buffalo Wild Wings that opened a couple months ago in that same parking lot. I don't believe the Google maps placement of that address. I'll drive by the location after I get off work tonight and see if anything is happening yet.

I've been out of town for quite a while and haven't looked TMC. Happy to see this development. I'm grateful that there has finally been some movement. Not a perfect spot but I'll happily take good enough to get this section of I90 done. Now, we just need 2 or 3 more to complete I90 and that northern road trip starts looking good.

POSSIBLE SIGNS OF LIFE IN COEUR D'ALENE.

I just visited the site today and it looks like there is some (very) preliminary work being done for the transformer pad. The current buried electrical conduits have been marked by a locating service and painted red. There are three surveyor stakes that are marked KEC (Kootenai Electric Cooperative- a local provider) at the very Northwest corner of the Golden Corral parking lot. The potential charging stalls are still covered with a couple feet of snow. Hopefully the plowing contractor next year will clear this spot and find another place to dump the snow.

The first image is from the NW corner of the lot looking east. The second image is looking west showing the conduit location paint.

The Golden Corral is on the left and a Buffalo Wild Wings on the right. US95 is between them. The site is 0.6 miles from the exit 12 of I90 and is NOT accessible directly from US95. Instead you turn west on Nieder Rd and turn into the parking lot after 1/2 block or from N Fruitland Ln.

John

(This is my first attempt at uploading images. I hope it works).

Attachments

• 2015-02-02 12.20.38.jpg
    2015-02-02 12.20.38.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,167
  • 2015-02-02 12.23.02.jpg
    2015-02-02 12.23.02.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,036
Coeur d'Alene SC now moving more quickly. :biggrin:

They have cleared the snow from the work area.
There has been delivery of 11 pallets of Tesla branded boxes including 3 transformer cabinets, a bobcat loader, a sealed shipping container and a garbage trailer. Ground not yet broken but they look serious this time around.

2015-02-05 12.50.11.jpg

View attachment 71383

Last edited: