Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coeur d'Alene, ID (LIVE Feb 2015, 6 V2 + 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1 for Sheridan and Gillette! I need to drive to Chicago too. Sheridan shows as a grey "coming soon" dot on the TM supercharger map but there is nothing for Gillette until the 2015 map. There are no reports of a site or work for Sheridan yet. There is a type II in Gillette so we can still do it with patience and a good charge at Sheridan, but we really need Gillette to complete another cross country route.

It's been very frustrating getting Sheridan and Gillette online. We've been at this intimately with Tesla central for over a year and continue to push for locations for near-term builds in both cities. One build fell through at the 11th hour and the process had to re-start late fall. It's not a gap for lack of trying.

It's been very frustrating getting Sheridan and Gillette online. We've been at this intimately with Tesla central for over a year and continue to push for locations for near-term builds in both cities. One build fell through at the 11th hour and the process had to re-start late fall. It's not a gap for lack of trying.

In Gillette, from Google maps it looks like the area around Exit 126 has lots of parking and restaurants to accommodate a.Supercharger. Also, there is a Holiday Inn Express in the neighborhood - might that not be an opportunity for a destination HPWC, so that Tesla drivers on this cross-country route could plan to stop there while it takes some indefinite period of time to get a Supercharger in the city? A HPWC in Gillette could be up and running in weeks.

In Gillette, from Google maps it looks like the area around Exit 126 has lots of parking and restaurants to accommodate a.Supercharger. Also, there is a Holiday Inn Express in the neighborhood - might that not be an opportunity for a destination HPWC, so that Tesla drivers on this cross-country route could plan to stop there while it takes some indefinite period of time to get a Supercharger in the city? A HPWC in Gillette could be up and running in weeks.

These discussions have already taken place with a Model S owner who owns several hotels in Gillette, as well as Sheridan. I'm in contact with both parties. The pace has been frustrating, to say the least.

Dalles to Ritzville is 210 mi. according to Google maps. It should be doable. Fill up and drive slow. There is an RV park with 14-50 in Connell, WA about 40 miles from Ritzville. You can stop for a short drink for $10 flat fee if it looks like you need it. Check plugshare for all options.

Last edited:
It is about 40 miles further to go thru Ellensburg and charge their Super Charger. 210 miles is very doable in an 85, but the detour to Ellensburg would be the fastest way to erase range anxiety other than taking the Model S at a leisurely pace. Before The Dalles SC was up and running, I went to Woodburn SC directly from my house at 258 miles at a steady 64mph.

It is about 40 miles further to go thru Ellensburg and charge their Super Charger. 210 miles is very doable in an 85, but the detour to Ellensburg would be the fastest way to erase range anxiety other than taking the Model S at a leisurely pace. Before The Dalles SC was up and running, I went to Woodburn SC directly from my house at 258 miles at a steady 64mph.

That's a good idea. I am planning a Coeur d'Alene to Ashland, OR trip just after July 4th and was considering how to get to The Dalles especially considering the big headwinds I would see in the Columbia gorge.
Detouring through Ellensburg adds 40 miles to the trip but would probably end up being faster than sitting in a campground with a 14-50.

Another option I was considering is the CHAdeMO charger at the Arlington OR City Hall. That would give a quick boost and ensure I could make it to The Dalles despite the headwinds.
Has anyone had any experience with it? I hadn't heard of Opconnect but they sound like a reasonable group. Free Level 2 charging. $7 per charge for CHAdeMO.

Thanks,

John

Last edited:
We have a transformer and new power pole in Coeur d'Alene but no electrical hook-up yet. The construction guys say it should be operational next week. Yay!
In the second photo the 3 red conduits will be for the high voltage feed from the power line across the street.

John

2015-02-24 16.17.16.jpg
2015-02-24 16.16.54.jpg

Bighorn, Many thanks for trying to facilitate the Wyoming SC's siting.

Thanks for the kind words. I've been asked to be somewhat circumspect in what I share on the forums, but I did put out notes today to the people I know on the supercharger team as well as our local hotel owner. It would be helpful for many to have this buttoned up in time for the Custer rally in May.