Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Colac, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many thanks to @Chenkers who found this one - shared originally in this thread: Superchargers in Australia

colac-sc-jpg.651067

Colac Plaza
144-158 Bromfield St
Colac Vic 3250

• Love
Reactions: srwx and cafz
Looks like all Australian superchargers built in the future will be V3! All of the currently under construction ones are - Toombul, Corio, East Devonport and now Colac.

In every case it's 3 stalls to a cabinet - not entirely clear why they're going in this direction. If anyone is able to get a photo of the electrical info sticker on the SC cabinet that may offer more of an insight.

Reactions: runningmanz
Guess I better book in that CCS upgrade.
One thing I have noticed with the Chargefox and Evie high power CCS connectors and cables is that they are quite heavy. Not an issue for those with CCS sockets on their cars but the converter I got with the upgrade doesn't feel very secure with all that weight hanging off it. Would be good to have some way of supporting the cable.
Not sure if the V3 supercharger plug will be as heavy.

One thing I have noticed with the Chargefox and Evie high power CCS connectors and cables is that they are quite heavy. Not an issue for those with CCS sockets on their cars but the converter I got with the upgrade doesn't feel very secure with all that weight hanging off it. Would be good to have some way of supporting the cable.
Not sure if the V3 supercharger plug will be as heavy.
Teslas V3 superchargers have a liquid cooled charging cable that's actuually smaller diameter than the V2 charging cable. So hopefully you don't have too much issue with weight at the plug on a V3
Tesla launches new Supercharger with 1,000 mph charging, better efficiency, and more - Electrek.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman