Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - College Station, TX - Texas Avenue South

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And an 800,000 price tag, is that typical?
No, it's really high for an 8 stall location in an open lot. My guess is that they have to bring the electricity a long way to get it to the site. Plus possibly some other electrical infrastructure improvements at the distribution level as well. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to me that the price tag is so high.

I am very happy to be wrong here! I was in CS just a few days ago and had to use the 6kW Clipper Creek charger at the Embassy Suites and that was the fastest charging option available in all of College Station since the Embassy's 16kW destination charger wasn't working.
There are two 11.5 kW Tesla chargers at CapRock Hospital on Briarcrest I believe. There is also a "Nissan No Charge To Charge" 7.2 Kwh in the West Campus Garage. Pretty slim options regardless.

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad
There are two 11.5 kW Tesla chargers at CapRock Hospital on Briarcrest I believe. There is also a "Nissan No Charge To Charge" 7.2 Kwh in the West Campus Garage. Pretty slim options regardless.

Ah. I didn't know about those - too far away from campus I suppose. I had checked the status of the Embassy Suites destination charger on Plugshare and the latest reports had it operational. Once I was there I didn't want to look too far around.

Here are a couple pictures from Thursday. I'll visit again next week. Some Utility flags are visible.
cs_West.jpg
CS_East.jpg

I have labeled the CapRock Hospital as 80A, but only tested it to 72A (which makes 14 kW of power). I'll try and determine if it can go to 80A on my dual-charger Model S in the next few days. 2 Tesla Wall Connectors are present at this highlighted location -- and I believe that one or both spots can be occupied by the medical staff, from time to time.
Blue dot is the permitted Supercharger location, at the North end of campus.
image.png

Reactions: byeLT4
I think that was a commuter lot requiring a valid permit when I was a student back in the 90s. I don't know how full that lot typically is these days, but if I paid for a permit there, I would not be too excited to see 8 spots taken away. Big universities seem care little for the parking woes of commuting students, so I guess this is nothing new. That's why I rode my bike 95% of the time. I recall riding my bike to a job interview, wearing a suit and lathered in sweat. I didn't want that job anyway. Maybe if I can convince my daughter to go to school there, I'll have occasion to use this charger.
I will be really curious if TAMU or anybody else will actually tow any ICE vehicles that will park here. This will be a prime ICEing spot because it is a major university campus. Additionally I hope they also tow any other Tesla or EV that tries to take advantage of these 8 spots by simply parking there and not charging.

Reactions: CarlS
Martha's Bloomers next to HW 6 in Navasota, Tx is very interested in having a Supercharger installed in their parking lot.
This would be a very easy to get to place for a SuperCharger. Nice place to shop and to get something to eat.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the new cars coming from the Austin Gigafactory that can fill up on paperwork, rather than actual chargers. I assume this is correct as this is the only installation Tesla is doing these days in the state, so it would make sense that with non-Tesla's being able to charge soon in supercharger spots that future Tesla's will only need the permit paperwork to charge up.

• Funny
Reactions: Electroman