Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - College Station, TX - Texas Avenue South

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a petition to install a supercharger in College Station. Please sign it, and ask anyone else you know who might be interested to do so too. Maybe we can get this thing going!
Sign the Petition
Eyy. Literally everyone is doing this now. We’ve got this, one’s already got a lot of signs in Canada, and now the Romanians are getting something going. We should just make a poll called BUILD SUPERCHARGERS. Everyone would sign that, lol

• Funny
Reactions: brkaus
Moderator note: This post, plus the next (approximately) five posts, were merged from another thread.

The Supercharger for College Station, Texas has a "Target opening for 2020". I was wondering if anyone knows any specifics on when it will be built and where in College Station. I see more and more teslas in the area and a supercharger here would be very beneficial I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not unusual for a location to have a pin in it for years, and the date just keeps getting moved back over and over. Sometimes it's never built and a supercharger pops up at a nearby location. The site supercharge.info is user-sourced but is the best place for real info known outside Tesla.

Reactions: Chuq
The Supercharger for College Station, Texas has a "Target opening for 2020". I was wondering if anyone knows any specifics on when it will be built and where in College Station. I see more and more teslas in the area and a supercharger here would be very beneficial I think.
I see you’re new here. The Tesla supercharger map has always been more aspirational than informational.

Now it’s 2022...

4A1598E6-057F-4025-980E-0B85042FAF4D.jpeg

It is a logical location, albeit unexpected. TAMU is about the only real destination in BCS and it's not that far from the bypass for travelers. I assumed it would be closer to the eventual I-14 and Hwy 6 intersection, but this is located in the center of town and the most urbanized area we have. Glad to see it underway.

It's a 5 mile, 15 minute diversion. But appears to have lots of stuff around if you're willing to walk.

This is very good for us. The veterinary clinic there is excellent. My S70 can make the round trip from The Woodlands twice in a day, just barely, if the conditions are perfect. I always stop and an L2, though, just in case. (I only have L1 at home, so that charge is minimal.)
Now we need one in the Hill Country and one in the Big Bend area for my other two wishes and I can get rid of this darned monkey's paw.

• Funny
Reactions: CarlS
I think that was a commuter lot requiring a valid permit when I was a student back in the 90s. I don't know how full that lot typically is these days, but if I paid for a permit there, I would not be too excited to see 8 spots taken away. Big universities seem care little for the parking woes of commuting students, so I guess this is nothing new. That's why I rode my bike 95% of the time. I recall riding my bike to a job interview, wearing a suit and lathered in sweat. I didn't want that job anyway. Maybe if I can convince my daughter to go to school there, I'll have occasion to use this charger.

I think that was a commuter lot requiring a valid permit when I was a student back in the 90s. I don't know how full that lot typically is these days, but if I paid for a permit there, I would not be too excited to see 8 spots taken away. Big universities seem care little for the parking woes of commuting students, so I guess this is nothing new. That's why I rode my bike 95% of the time. I recall riding my bike to a job interview, wearing a suit and lathered in sweat. I didn't want that job anyway. Maybe if I can convince my daughter to go to school there, I'll have occasion to use this charger.

Still is a permitted lot. I'd assume these spaces are exempt while charging.

Would be nice to have a bank of Level 2 changers that could be used during football games or for other longer duration stays. Nevertheless, this is a much welcome addition.

I was at this site about a week ago. Some of the local amenities include:
  • Smart Shake
  • Panda Express
  • I think I saw a pizza place
  • Salata
Within a 5 minute walk:
  1. Hopdoddy Burgers
  2. Sweet Paris creperie;
  3. Piada Italian Street Food;
Would be nice to have a bank of Level 2 changers that could be used during football games or for other longer duration stays. Nevertheless, this is a much welcome addition.
I just added to Plugshare.com that there is a set of 6 Clipper Creek chargers in the adjacent garage. They just have to be turned on. If any body has a few minutes, try them and update the Plugshare.com entry if they are operational