Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Collinsville, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First signs of activity up at Collinsville! There are some utility flags in the area where the permit shows the station will be. There was also an electrical contractor van at the Casey's...but that could have been a coincidence.

20210325_105553.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like the Superchargers in the Midwest are finally starting to enter construction. Anyone been by the Collinsville Location since last Thursday?
I stopped by Saturday evening and saw the same thing @ratsbew shared above. I also called yesterday and talked to the manager of the Casey's. She said "it's happening", but it's over her head and she doesn't know anything about a timeline.

Awesome. When I saw the container sitting there i figured it was about to start, now it looks like things are rolling forward. Even though this one is really close to me, it will be good to have, especially early on if/when i get my tesla because I probably wont pre-install a home charger until I take delivery, so I might need this to top up here and there until that gets put in....

At first glance yesterday, it didn't appear that any work had started, but when I walked over into the grass for an overview shot I noticed they've already cut out the curb to make room for the concrete expansion to add 8 parking spaces. Also it looks like a light pole and lighting fixture were delivered.

View attachment 658496View attachment 658497

View attachment 658498View attachment 658499
I was just there yesterday and saw the light pole didnt even notice the curb cut out!