Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Collinsville, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mSP8Upy.jpg

Tesla dude on-site in Collinsville doing some “ops and validation checks” he said if all goes well they could be “powered on” by tomorrow, but not available for use until the construction folks finish the site and remove the fencing. He said it could show on the Tesla app tomorrow but Monday at the latest. Nice guy, he’s based out of KC but just arrived from Virginia. His X was a mess. We are getting closer.

Last edited:
It lives, pretty nice charging speeds too
fvtpmf3.jpg
What is the cost structure at this supercharger? Just looking at your picture it seems like it's about $0.40 per kWh. Is that correct?

I currently have a mid-2016 MS90D and don't pay for supercharging and have lost track of what Tesla is charging in the general area. Tesla used to have on their supercharging a simple way to look up supercharging cost structure by state but they got rid of that a year or two ago. I've seen a few posts recently on other sites with people taking long range trips and commenting about how their cost to supercharge was equivalent or more than they would have paid in gas versus an efficient hybrid type of vehicle. Trying to get myself mentally recalibrated on charging cost structure as I've started to contemplate at what point I might decide to replace my current MS90D.

Oh, any before someone points out I can just go to the NAV screen, click on a site and see the cost ... I'm on an international assignment at the moment and about 5,000 miles away from my car, so kind of difficult to just run out to the garage and check.

Wow. Yor right that seems expensive, i was under the impression supercharging, at least around the midwest was relatively cheap. (due to our relatively cheap enegy prices. I was expecting soemthign around the mid to high .20s per kwh. .40 per kwh is more expensive than Electrify America! This doesnt seem right.....

Wow. Yor right that seems expensive, i was under the impression supercharging, at least around the midwest was relatively cheap. (due to our relatively cheap enegy prices. I was expecting soemthign around the mid to high .20s per kwh. .40 per kwh is more expensive than Electrify America! This doesnt seem right.....
Collinsville is $.31 per KWH. Little more expensive than MO but I’m guessing it has something to do with IL. Looks like most of the SC in IL are .31/KW