Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lakewood, CO (Colorado Mills)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MorrisonHiker

Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
After seeing no progress on Wheat Ridge and figuring Colorado Mills would be a good location, we scoped out the lot and somehow missed 16 stalls under construction! We were 50 feet away and missed the construction because they were on the other side of a brick wall.

The 16 stalls are located along the parking garage to the north of the Electrify America chargers.

39.733697, -105.154154
upload_2020-1-30_12-6-27.png

20200129_174849.jpg
20200129_174801.jpg
20200129_174844.jpg

@MarcoRP or @Chuq , please add! Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm impressed that you missed that :)
Unbelievable, really. We eat at a restaurant nearby every Saturday and saw three movies at the nearby theater in the past month and parked in the parking garage. We looked at the Electrify America chargers last week and were 50 feet away but a wall for their equipment blocked our view. When we checked out the hotel, we were right on the other side of them. This was on the one road in the shopping center we didn't go on. :oops:

...This seems like a better spot.

Depends on where you live. :)

I rarely go to CO Mills. But with this SC coming online maybe we'll have dinner at Los Chignones and YardHouse some while using up our referral free SC miles. I suppose this location will give more and possibly better dining options for through travelers than Applewood for the time being. But neither place is exactly easy off-easy on.

I see it showing up as a V3 on Supercharge.info. Are we sure it is?

Last edited:
Well, the plug cables do look really skinny in the photos above so I'd guess it’s a V3.
I agree. Looks like it will be v3 to me. They still have a lot of construction equipment and fencing up so we couldn't see everything easily. Security drove by when we were checking things out so we weren't able to get as many pictures as we would've liked.

• Helpful
Reactions: HillCountryFun
So much for my daily scouting trips around Applewood to get the scoop (part of my commute anyway).

This is a better location anyway. More restaurants, a mall and hotels nearby. While the on/off from I-70 at Denver West might be longer, it's a diamond interchange and much simpler than the weirdness that is Applewood.

It also makes sense because Simon Properties (owner of Colorado Mills) has been locating chargers at their malls for many years.
https://www.simon.com/electric-vehicle-charging-stations

Thanks for all the legwork!

I so could have used that this past month but now that my garage is just days away from having L2 charging, I will probably never need this one. Still this and Idaho Springs are going to be a big help for the I-70 travelers because the Silverthorne and Airport ones are not that convenient. Silverthorne just has such elevation gain from Denver that the 80 mile gap going west is more like 150 miles in terms of battery usage.

We stopped by yesterday as well. The wind gusts yesterday blew down a lot of the temporary fencing so it was easier to see things. The Superchargers are in a row of 11, then a walkway to the lower level of the parking garage and then 5 more Superchargers. The other electrical equipment is behind a newly built concrete block wall and there is a large transformer to the south of that. In the future, there's room where they could potentially add 12 more stalls between the Tesla spots and the Electrify America spots.

They have signs up for the 11 stalls that indicate they are only for Tesla charging, so no shared spots. :) Hopefully the other 5 spots will have the same signs and not be shared. There's tons of parking and no reason to have shared parking at this location. We went in the parking garage and in the upper levels, Autonation is storing hundreds of Jeep Grand Cherokees on multiple levels.

We stopped by yesterday as well. The wind gusts yesterday blew down a lot of the temporary fencing so it was easier to see things. The Superchargers are in a row of 11, then a walkway to the lower level of the parking garage and then 5 more Superchargers. The other electrical equipment is behind a newly built concrete block wall and there is a large transformer to the south of that. In the future, there's room where they could potentially add 12 more stalls between the Tesla spots and the Electrify America spots.

They have signs up for the 11 stalls that indicate they are only for Tesla charging, so no shared spots. :) Hopefully the other 5 spots will have the same signs and not be shared. There's tons of parking and no reason to have shared parking at this location. We went in the parking garage and in the upper levels, Autonation is storing hundreds of Jeep Grand Cherokees on multiple levels.
Here's a picture from Sunday showing how things are laid out.
download_20200204_173305.jpg

Looks like they will probably have to repaint the lines to line up with the stalls better.