Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia (Columbiana Centre), SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw this appear on Plugshare:

upload_2020-3-22_12-14-14.png

Is anyone able to confirm if this is correct or not?

Sometimes people add locations based on Tesla's "find us" coming soon locations, but it doesn't appear on Tesla's map so it's not that. I assume it is something in local media, council meeting documents, or a physical sighting.

This would be a great addition to I-26 if it pans out.

I just saw this appear on Plugshare:

View attachment 524181

Is anyone able to confirm if this is correct or not?

Sometimes people add locations based on Tesla's "find us" coming soon locations, but it doesn't appear on Tesla's map so it's not that. I assume it is something in local media, council meeting documents, or a physical sighting.

Reactions: Chuq
If true this is a great location and a welcome addition. Normally work has me in Columbia at least once a week but my company has asked all of us to work from home because of Covid-19. Once this situation is resolved I will definitely stop by and check.

Meanwhile, the wait for a Supercharger in Charleston goes on...

Finally found myself in Columbia today and dropped by the mall to look for evidence of a SC install. Unfortunately I found none. Drove around for 20 minutes, even looked at several satellite shopping centers including the PUBLIX (since Tesla has several SC co-located with Publix) but found zero evidence of a new install. It’s possible I missed something, but unlikely.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Was in Columbia again yesterday and had some time so I drove around the mall again. Same story, I could see no signs at all of a Supercharger install anywhere. If anyone there is local and wants to call or visit your county permitting department to confirm or deny this location that would be great.

Yeah, I have checked several other times and simply not reported. Whoever initially entered this in PlugShare may have jumped the gun. I just don’t see any evidence of an install there, which is too bad b/c it is sorely needed.
Yeah I also checked permits in Lexington County and saw nothing either. Not sure where this came from unless someone just thought it was a good idea. Would be nice to have a second charger in the Columbia area even though harbison is a little ways from Columbia. I’m just glad ones coming to Charleston.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
So I’m guessing this location is DOA, but we still need another SC in Columbia convenient to I-26. As luck would have it, Quiktrip is about to break ground on a new store in Columbia just off I-77 less than a mile from I-26. It would be a PERFECT location for a SC on the I-26 corridor between Greenville and Charleston. I tweeted at Quiktrip about working with Tesla to add a SC at this location and received zero reply (even though QT is active on the Twitter). So I tweeted at Sheetz that QT apparently has no interest in Tesla customers and asked them to add a location near Columbia along I-26. Sheetz responded in less than an hour and said “maybe one day.” Man I love the Sheetz - Tesla partnership, and I love companies that respond to customers on social media. I was once a big fan of QT, very disappointed in them now.

So I’m guessing this location is DOA, but we still need another SC in Columbia convenient to I-26. As luck would have it, Quiktrip is about to break ground on a new store in Columbia just off I-77 less than a mile from I-26. It would be a PERFECT location for a SC on the I-26 corridor between Greenville and Charleston. I tweeted at Quiktrip about working with Tesla to add a SC at this location and received zero reply (even though QT is active on the Twitter). So I tweeted at Sheetz that QT apparently has no interest in Tesla customers and asked them to add a location near Columbia along I-26. Sheetz responded in less than an hour and said “maybe one day.” Man I love the Sheetz - Tesla partnership, and I love companies that respond to customers on social media. I was once a big fan of QT, very disappointed in them now.

TBH, I had hoped that Parker’s would realize how barren much of I26 is and add a couple with superchargers along the route. There is a lot of traffic and the competition isn’t great, IMO.

Honestly I don’t think columbiana was even on the radar. I think someone thought they were submitting a suggestion of where one should be and accidentally added a location that was since quickly removed because there’s not a location. If it took as long as it did to get a charger in Charleston, I think it’ll be awhile before a second ones added to Columbia, hopefully I’m wrong.

I’ve called Loves about their new truck stop near Summerton SC on I-95 when they broke ground. I suggested they install a DCFC and explained that the customers pay for the electric and are “captive” for 20-45 minutes. There is no DCFC there. The gas stations just don’t get it.... They don’t make significant money on gas... it’s nearly a loss leader for them... the profit is in lotto tickets, chips and cokes.... which EV drivers also buy. Heck I actually like the burritos at Sheetz in Greensboro NC supercharger.