Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, MO - W Broadway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting closer, I actually have several cabinets installed!

Attachments

• 58C9853B-FC40-4521-AC8A-A16683D1585C.jpeg
    58C9853B-FC40-4521-AC8A-A16683D1585C.jpeg
    797.5 KB · Views: 115
I live about 3 blocks from this charger, very excited to see it nearing completion - although I think I probably heard about it less than a month after I got my 14-50 installed so may never actually use it. Hyvee lot does fill up from time to time though. I won't be surprised to see it get ICEd. If I was them I would have put it on the other side of the entrance road (east).

Reactions: DblOSmith
Seems odd that there doesn't appear to be much activity on it. I drove by on 10/11 and saw they had some of the pedastals opened up and had the big substation thing open and appeared to be doing stuff to it. But the other 3-5 times I've driven by in the last few weeks no workers were even at the site. When I saw the bays pop up I figured it must be real close, but that was like a month ago. Sure seems weird to me.

Seems odd that there doesn't appear to be much activity on it. I drove by on 10/11 and saw they had some of the pedastals opened up and had the big substation thing open and appeared to be doing stuff to it. But the other 3-5 times I've driven by in the last few weeks no workers were even at the site. When I saw the bays pop up I figured it must be real close, but that was like a month ago. Sure seems weird to me.
Yeah, definitely seems like there's no movement the past few weeks.

Is it worth it to get a Level 2 charger installed in a home garage? I imagine the standard plug would be good enough. If I do that I may order a second basic charger so that I can have one in my car in case of emergency - or road trips without having to remember to grab it.
I charge off a regular wall outlet myself. My commute is only 20 miles a day, and I typically gain every night even though I rare get full. If I have to travel, I may have to supercharge on my way out.

I have Tesla's Gen 3 Wall charger and I charge with 40 amps @ 240v. Tesla's Gen 3 wall charger is the best thing for charging at home since sliced bread. If you typically, in a day, travel more than 20 or 30 miles it's a must as a normal wall outlet only gets you about 4 MPH charge. I get 27 MPH charge on mine. I use to have a Gen 2 charger, but it was flakey at times and the Gen 3 wall charger has better connections (easier to get to). I also put a WAP (wireless access point) in my garage so the car gets a strong signal as well as the Gen 3 charger.

Its nice to come home from a trip and plug in at home for me as the nearest supercharger is a ways away. Particularly in inclement weather.

In response to bravadomizzou.

I have Tesla's Gen 3 Wall charger and I charge with 40 amps @ 240v. Tesla's Gen 3 wall charger is the best thing for charging at home since sliced bread. If you typically, in a day, travel more than 20 or 30 miles it's a must as a normal wall outlet only gets you about 4 MPH charge. I get 27 MPH charge on mine. I use to have a Gen 2 charger, but it was flakey at times and the Gen 3 wall charger has better connections (easier to get to). I also put a WAP (wireless access point) in my garage so the car gets a strong signal as well as the Gen 3 charger.

Its nice to come home from a trip and plug in at home for me as the nearest supercharger is a ways away. Particularly in inclement weather.

In response to bravadomizzou.
Living the dream. I don't have access to a HPWC. I've been using a regular wall outlet. So whenever I get home from a roadtrip, I have to make an extra stop at a supercharger to make sure I get home with more than 20% for sentry mode or miles for the next day.

Looking forward to completion--was through CoMo twice over the weekend (KC-->STL-->KC) and this station was not showing up as available so not open yet. Shockingly I was the only one at the Holiday Inn charger Sunday afternoon on my return trip (around 11am)--first time I've ever seen that happen! Speaking of that charger--anybody know what the large field of solar panels is just to the East of the Holiday Inn along the highway? Are those panels tied into the SuperCharger location? Would be cool if that is the case!

Attachments

• IMG_4821 copy.jpg
    IMG_4821 copy.jpg
    679.2 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: mociaf9
Looking forward to completion--was through CoMo twice over the weekend (KC-->STL-->KC) and this station was not showing up as available so not open yet. Shockingly I was the only one at the Holiday Inn charger Sunday afternoon on my return trip (around 11am)--first time I've ever seen that happen! Speaking of that charger--anybody know what the large field of solar panels is just to the East of the Holiday Inn along the highway? Are those panels tied into the SuperCharger location? Would be cool if that is the case!
No idea. I'm still waiting to see what they're building behind the Holiday Inn SC.