Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, MO - W Broadway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crossing fingers

Attachments

• 0990D2C1-B2B5-4CCF-BA36-16143513406E.jpeg
    0990D2C1-B2B5-4CCF-BA36-16143513406E.jpeg
    762.7 KB · Views: 87
Is it worth it to get a Level 2 charger installed in a home garage? I imagine the standard plug would be good enough. If I do that I may order a second basic charger so that I can have one in my car in case of emergency - or road trips without having to remember to grab it.
Comes with portable charger. You will want a home charger for ease, akin to having to always charge your phone “somewhere else”. Supposedly supercharging ALL of the time reduces the life of the battery…that I can’t confirm

Comes with portable charger. You will want a home charger for ease, akin to having to always charge your phone “somewhere else”. Supposedly supercharging ALL of the time reduces the life of the battery…that I can’t confirm
To me a level 2 charger for home is essential. You will want your car to charge up in a reasonable amount of time then get a level 2 charger. The 120 v roughly 12 amp portable charger will charge your care at 4 miles per hour. Image if you put 100 miles on in a day, It will take 25 hours to recharge using a standard plug portable charger. My home charger puts out 240 volts at 40 amps and will charge my car at 27 miles per hour.