Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I did a quick out and back last week to KC, I actually drove through that parking lot as I thought I saw a big wooden crate in its parking lot while traveling west. But alas, on my return home, I could find nothing that night. The hotel looks brand spanking new - other development to come in that area. Glad to see my hunch is it!

****ETA****
I have since decided that I was merely looking into the future and saw the crate that will be delivered from Tesla containing all of the supercharger hardware... yeah, that's the ticket!

Last edited:
Any idea how to find out when/where the hearing would be? I'd consider a drive from St Louis, as I'd imagine a few other owners (or future owners) might as well. QUOTE]

I have a voice mail into Nadine at the Building Dept who I was told can tell us when the review approval meeting is - I'll post it when I hear.

I also talked with an office person at the Holiday Inn who said staff car enthusiasts there are very excited for the SC station to get built. The General Manager is on med leave and she's the one who would know all about it, but the person I talked with said she first got wind of it maybe 6 months ago, and that they (hotel staff) worked on the owner to have them go for it. She said it's a done deal as far as Holiday Inn is concerned.

She didn't know the name of the contractor.

Last edited:
Awesome news for us mid-westerners. Bridging the Missouri Gap in anything less than an S85 and in bad weather was impossible. That's the last piece of the SC puzzle that was preventing me from buying my CPO Tesla. Personally for me this frees me.

I can can now buy ANY Tesla and as a retired/disabled veteran on a budget this is good news.

Excellent location! Right at another Holiday Inn, awesome for road warriors going coast to coast. Holiday Inn's and superchargers go hand in hand! Supercharge while you are checking in, then unplug while you sleep so travelers can use as they pass through, and then supercharger again to top off while you have breakfast in the morning. Works great for everyone. More and more Holiday Inns are catching on to the good idea. It certainly draws my business to Holiday Inns!

Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 8.51.49 PM.jpg

screen shot.. looks new!

Excellent location! Right at another Holiday Inn, awesome for road warriors going coast to coast. Holiday Inn's and superchargers go hand in hand! Supercharge while you are checking in, then unplug while you sleep so travelers can use as they pass through, and then supercharger again to top off while you have breakfast in the morning. Works great for everyone. More and more Holiday Inns are catching on to the good idea. It certainly draws my business to Holiday Inns!

That's the way to do it. Also, we forego the night before charging and just move our MS to the SC upon wakeup to charge during breakfast.

Hi everyone, I'm from Australia but I just noticed this one pop up on the list at Superchargers. I thought I'd check and see where it was... wow, it is a huge one so far as being a "missing link" goes! Congrats! It's always good from my point of view to see these ones "fill in the gaps" as the sooner the major USA routes are covered, the sooner they can start filling in Australia a bit faster ;)

Hi everyone, I'm from Australia but I just noticed this one pop up on the list at Superchargers. I thought I'd check and see where it was... wow, it is a huge one so far as being a "missing link" goes! Congrats! It's always good from my point of view to see these ones "fill in the gaps" as the sooner the major USA routes are covered, the sooner they can start filling in Australia a bit faster ;)
Thanks for stopping by! yeah looking forward to using this route to visit some of the parks out west at some point. BTW, I love Tasmania! We did our honeymoon in OZ and the side trip we took to Tasmania was one of the best parts of the whole trip.

Got a call back from Nadine, the quite nice Columbia Building Dept reviewer for this permit. She says there's no public hearing needed for this permit and that she'll get the review letter out this week to the designers. Once she hears back from them she'll issue the permit. Could all happen by next week. She expects no problems and was sympathetic to all our excitement around it being that last link on the I-70 coast to coast run.

I'll likely not be charging there on my trip East passing on 25 July (heading toward Greenland and the Northwest Passage via Ottawa), but I think I've got a shot at it being up and running for my return leg Aug 12th if the contractor jumps on it. I should note that Tessie (named by my teenage daughter) is only going as far as Ottawa - no superchargers yet in Greenland!

The location of the Holiday Inn East is 915 Port Way, Columbia, MO 65201. (not 910 Port Way)

Just wanted to clarify that, as my map tools claim 910 Port Way doesn't exist, and it's not a well known street, making it hard to find. I grew up and still work some in Columbia, and I had to use the Holiday Inn website to find it.

BTW, excellent location in my opinion, from an access standpoint. That exit doesn't get as congested as most of the other Columbia exits. I just hope you like Jimmy Johns lol.

Last edited:
I travel from the "Lake of the Ozarks" to St Louis. The Columbia Supercharger will be useless for me. A Kingdom City Supercharger will make the STL to the Lake a much nicer trip. Could make it from the St Charles Supercharger but would have no range left when arriving at the Lake.

Maybe we'll all get lucky and have a Supercharger in Columbia and Kingdom City.

Unless you are turning right around and heading back, it sounds like you need a "destination charger". You know, of course, that Tesla will supply chargers to destinations (like somewhere on the Lake) and hotels or other destinations will install them primarily to increase their customer base. If you are staying for a day on the Lake, or overnight, it would give you the boost you desire.

I have had several hotels put in 14-50 outlets for just me. I tell them I will put them on the national data base, and that clinches it.

Unless you are turning right around and heading back, it sounds like you need a "destination charger". You know, of course, that Tesla will supply chargers to destinations (like somewhere on the Lake) and hotels or other destinations will install them primarily to increase their customer base. If you are staying for a day on the Lake, or overnight, it would give you the boost you desire.

I have had several hotels put in 14-50 outlets for just me. I tell them I will put them on the national data base, and that clinches it.

Osage Beach to the St. Louis Supercharger is showing 154 miles. If coming from Lake of the Ozarks, it looks like a stop half way is not required as long as you start with enough charge. If coming from St. Louis to the Lake of the Ozarks, the alternatives are to side track to 63 or take I-44, which should have Superchargers next year, though both of those options do add a little to the trip. Destination chargers somewhere at the Lake would also fix the problem if we can get some put in somewhere.

Osage Beach to the St. Louis Supercharger is showing 154 miles. If coming from Lake of the Ozarks, it looks like a stop half way is not required as long as you start with enough charge. If coming from St. Louis to the Lake of the Ozarks, the alternatives are to side track to 63 or take I-44, which should have Superchargers next year, though both of those options do add a little to the trip. Destination chargers somewhere at the Lake would also fix the problem if we can get some put in somewhere.

There is a campground that we stayed at near the Lake that had a 240V/50A outlet; they had cabins in which you could stay and they didn't mind us parking at their 240V outlet. I forget the name (and am out of town), but Liz may remember. There are a lot of RV parks around there, so you may find something.

There is a campground that we stayed at near the Lake that had a 240V/50A outlet; they had cabins in which you could stay and they didn't mind us parking at their 240V outlet. I forget the name (and am out of town), but Liz may remember. There are a lot of RV parks around there, so you may find something.

There's also now a 80A destination charger in Lake Ozark:
Tesla Store, Service Centers and Chargers

Sunshine Daydream
1395 Bagnell Dam Blvd
Lake Ozark, MO 65049
Driving Directions
Home
Phone(573) 365-4550
Roadside Assistance(877) 798-3752
Charging
1 Tesla Connector, up to 80A.
Available to the public. Please see front desk.

I'm curious why so many people think that the Columbia, MO SC is essential to I-70 travel. I've driven that route from Independence to St Charles 3 times, twice Eastbound and once Westbound and had no problem in an S85. Yes if you have an S60 you need it, otherwise no. All that said, Columbia will make it more relaxing.