Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As my first post here, I am happy to confirm a successful supercharge in Columbia, Missouri this morning! I have e-mailed supercharge.info so they can update the map. Looking forward to seeing folks at the "Gold Spike" event in Columbia on Sunday!

Sweet! Thanks for the info. I'm coming out for the Sunday 2 PM event from KC and I would be stretching my range to go the Columbia and back without a charge. Hope to see some of you there.

Looks like the supercharge.info map has been updated.

-Karl
(Red P85D)

Last edited:
Sweet! Thanks for the info. I'm coming out for the Sunday 2 PM event from KC and I would be stretching my range to go the Columbia and back without a charge. Hope to see some of you there.

Looks like the supercharge.info map has been updated.

-Karl
(Red P85D)

Doesn't it look so much nicer with the red dot? 3 more gap splitters under construction, and two with locations/permits.

Rumor picked up at the SC in Independence MO that the Columbia MO SC had their ribbon cutting yesterday (Sunday Sept 13th) and on my birthday! One driver had already charged there. How about some pictures?

It's no rumor. It's well established in this thread. See this post from yesterday for Karl's photos.

Also, multiple folks uploaded photos to the meetup event page.

Note that W0QR's post above may have been posted elsewhere and then moved here by mods. Or he's got ADD and skimmed the thread and didn't see any pictures embedded in thread :)

Good point Chris. I hope the tone of my post wasn't too harsh. It was meant to be constructive, but after I posted it I re-read the last couple pages and realized it maybe wasn't as well established as I thought. :)

For the record, it showed up on the in-car map on 9/10, the first successful reported charge was 9/11, and the grand opening (complete with ribbon cutting via oversized scissors) went off without a hitch yesterday afternoon! We had 15 cars caravan from St Louis (St Charles Supercharger) and a few more from Columbia and KC were there when we arrived. In addition, a couple traveling from California were treated to a nice surprise when they pulled in to find all 8 stalls in use and a total of nearly 20 Teslas in the parking lot. They were just on their way through heading to Indiana to visit friends (future Tesla owners).

Also, I didn't catch the front desk attendant's name, but she was *super* excited for our arrival and very welcoming to us all. Unfortunately the hotel restaurant wasn't open yet, but it looked nice, and I'll *definitely* be checking it out next time I drive through.

Good point Chris. I hope the tone of my post wasn't too harsh. It was meant to be constructive, but after I posted it I re-read the last couple pages and realized it maybe wasn't as well established as I thought. :)

For the record, it showed up on the in-car map on 9/10, the first successful reported charge was 9/11, and the grand opening (complete with ribbon cutting via oversized scissors) went off without a hitch yesterday afternoon! We had 15 cars caravan from St Louis (St Charles Supercharger) and a few more from Columbia and KC were there when we arrived. In addition, a couple traveling from California were treated to a nice surprise when they pulled in to find all 8 stalls in use and a total of nearly 20 Teslas in the parking lot. They were just on their way through heading to Indiana to visit friends (future Tesla owners).

Also, I didn't catch the front desk attendant's name, but she was *super* excited for our arrival and very welcoming to us all. Unfortunately the hotel restaurant wasn't open yet, but it looked nice, and I'll *definitely* be checking it out next time I drive through.

That would be Allee. She's great!

Thank you all so much for coming out! The station looks great! Here was our first user on the 11th!

20150910_090430.jpg

Hey Guys and Girls!

Our Supercharger has been a great success! So now we are offering a specially discounted rate for all Tesla Owners! Simply click the booking link directly below for a special $99 Tesla rate! Also, we've extended the savings to our restaurant where any Telsa owner receives 10% off! All you have to do is show your key at check in, and grab the coupon on check in.

Thank you so much Tesla for the opportunity to have your wonderful charging station here!

Columbia Hotels: Holiday Inn Columbia-East Hotel in Columbia, Missouri

Last edited: