Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spotted 8 chargers between exit 4 and exit 3(?) @ the Travel Center, awaiting cabinet installation.

Bad: the restrooms don't open until 11AM! or the food court. there is a 24hr McDs just up the road.
Good: easy on/off to 80 west
I'll probably get heat for this one.........
WTF Tesla! No way to charge if pulling a trailer! Tesla really needs to start thinking about this. The location is a main location for people pulling. you cant be dropping a 6000 to 9000lbs trailer with weight distribution in a parking lot to charge. You're not going to be able to charge at The Crossings up the road as there's no way your getting into the lot during the day.

Attachments

• 20210525_090016.jpg
    20210525_090016.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 262
  • 20210525_090200.jpg
    20210525_090200.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 212
Reactions: mociaf9
Had me confused as when I see DWG I think of the actual municipality on the PA side of the bridge rather than the geologic formation. I'd think that the PA welcome center would have more room but not sure what kind of electric service they have to support

I actually stopped there for the first time ever cause the travel center W/ the Supercharges was closed, The water gap bathrooms aren't open yet, it was my last hope. LOL

I think they could support it with no issues. there is a factory right next to it, plus there is truck parking there ...hint hint .. good place for drive through chargers :cool:

Reactions: madodel
Spotted 8 chargers between exit 4 and exit 3(?) @ the Travel Center, awaiting cabinet installation.

Bad: the restrooms don't open until 11AM! or the food court. there is a 24hr McDs just up the road.
Good: easy on/off to 80 west
I'll probably get heat for this one.........
WTF Tesla! No way to charge if pulling a trailer! Tesla really needs to start thinking about this. The location is a main location for people pulling. you cant be dropping a 6000 to 9000lbs trailer with weight distribution in a parking lot to charge. You're not going to be able to charge at The Crossings up the road as there's no way your getting into the lot during the day.
Which tesla is rated to pull that much?