Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, SC - Harbison Blvd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per the local Facebook group, new superchargers are being installed on Harbison Blvd in Columbia, SC. This will technically have a Columbia address but it is Irmo, SC for all intents and purposes. For those unfamiliar with the area, this is right off I-26 a few miles outside of Columbia. The user said it was near Ulta & DSW. Construction pic below, not my own. Finally relief on I-26! Woohoo!

@corywright Don't have stall info or exact address yet, but 320 Harbison Blvd, Columbia, SC is likely very close.

@ItsNotAboutTheMoney SPLITTER!

1658165804085.png

1658166208849.png

Last edited:
This is excellent news. Now we just need one in the upstate and all my "I-26 gap" whinging will finally come to an end. :)

Its really interesting to see this one mirroring the EA location, too. Another location really close to a Wal-Mart EA, but not quite in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

Also, this should slightly relieve Orangeburg, which was starting to get a little busy during peak travel times.

EDIT: The only bad thing is that this area is extremely busy. ICE'ing might be a problem here.

Columbia - Harbison Blvd, SC

Along Interstates: I-20, I-20-freaking-6
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5 miles): US-76, US-176
Along Auxiliary Interstates: none

I-20

I mean, it's 9 miles diversion and there's Lexington, SC so why would you?

I-26

To: Orangeburg, SC - 42.9 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: North Charleston, SC - 111 miles

This is excellent news. Now we just need one in the upstate and all my "I-26 gap" whinging will finally come to an end. :)

Its really interesting to see this one mirroring the EA location, too. Another location really close to a Wal-Mart EA, but not quite in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

Also, this should slightly relieve Orangeburg, which was starting to get a little busy during peak travel times.

EDIT: The only bad thing is that this area is extremely busy. ICE'ing might be a problem here.
Orangeburg is slammed these days. They probably need another in Charleston too...but I'm happy now with this one going in. Likely will see one in Spartanburg in the next year or so also as it is another splitter for I-26 and I-85 at the same time.

Orangeburg is slammed these days. They probably need another in Charleston too...but I'm happy now with this one going in. Likely will see one in Spartanburg in the next year or so also as it is another splitter for I-26 and I-85 at the same.

Yeah, there's been a lot of talk of new ones for Charleston for a while now. Its a very busy site most days. It must be hard to find a suitable location for some reason.

There's a CCS station going in at Roebuck. Its only ~80kw for 400V cars, but that area would be a nice place for a stop on the way to Asheville or Spartanburg.

In regards to ICEing, there is a nice median/barrier between the SuC area and main parking lot (yellow highlight below). Also it is pretty secluded over there with a dead end at the other side. I realize there are cars in the Google street view pics below, but if there are actually 16 stalls at this location I can't imagine that even 4 ICEd stalls would be a huge problem. Note the 2 parking spots in the corner there could both become pull in spots potentially.

The bigger concern is Harbison Blvd is a massively trafficked area like Woodruff Rd (Greenville SuC), plus I-26/I-20 in and around Columbia will be under construction quite literally until 2030.

Fun note: looks like there is a substation right behind where the SuC are being installed :cool:

1658189543623.png

1658189448983.png

1658189412390.png