Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since there are no updates on Columbia SC, whatsoever, I am going to take a guess that it will be near the Ruby Tuesday at the following address:
Ruby Tuesday
Dutch Square
511 Bush River Rd
Columbia, SC 29210
https://goo.gl/maps/rmhsXKDSYjn

Thoughts?

That would be good as any. Right on I-20 and I-26 and not too far of a swing from I-77 to I-26 heading toward Charleston. It's a much shorter swing than Santee.

Picture from a user in the Carolina facebook group. Tested and working!

ColumbiaSC.jpg

On the one hand, great and great timing being before thanksgving. On the other hand, Tesla might want to consult with people who actually travel through the area they are putting a supercharger station at in the future at a given location. Putting it near the I-20 / I-26 exchange would have been much better, even for I-77 customers.

That's not where I would have put it if Columbia only gets 1 supercharger location but they could have done worse.
I've been hoping for a Columbia SC to make my travel from the Asheville area to the coast and southward easier along I-26. Both Greenville and Santee are significant detours. Going from Santee to Asheville without stopping at Greenville is doable in our 90 but with 200 miles and 2000' climb, headwinds have made to trip marginal. Columbia solves that problem EXCEPT it's so frigging out of the way for I-26 travel. Also, there doesn't seem to be any restaurants, shopping, etc. to make the side trip desirable. Put me down as very disappointed!

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
On the one hand, great and great timing being before thanksgving. On the other hand, Tesla might want to consult with people who actually travel through the area they are putting a supercharger station at in the future at a given location. Putting it near the I-20 / I-26 exchange would have been much better, even for I-77 customers.

This is a better location for me, but for people coming from Asheville, Greenville is out of the way, so this one really should have been on I-26 and I-20 as it would add very few miles to someone going to I-77