Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged here last night and was a bit apprehensive since I pulled in after 8pm on the eve of Labor Day weekend - even more so since the status on the Nav said only 2 of the 8 stalls were available. However - all 8 stalls were empty when I pulled in (and they stayed empty for the next 30 minutes). I haven't been here in about 4 months, but it looks like they changed the signs by the stalls so that all 8 now say "no parking except for electric vehicle charging".

Topping off on the way to Charleston

Attachments

• 3E3C2C5B-01FE-41E7-9E23-F8189453057E.jpeg
    3E3C2C5B-01FE-41E7-9E23-F8189453057E.jpeg
    776.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 0AFD9357-1344-4C12-924B-5A4C7194A4DF.jpeg
    0AFD9357-1344-4C12-924B-5A4C7194A4DF.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 80
Wish I had taken a picture. There is a parking area directly east of the Tesla boxes (scientific term). It appears some larger vehicle had side swiped the metal box. The metal buckled and left an opening of 2-3 inches. The meter showed no sign of life.

• Informative
Reactions: jrreno
After we did a 32 amp charge at the Church near the dead Columbia Supercharger we limped into Santee (Friday afternoon). Two of the chargers were taped and appeared non-functional. Our charge went as normal once we got past the initial slow portion of the charge (on a nearly empty battery).

• Informative
Reactions: jrreno
Wish I had taken a picture. There is a parking area directly east of the Tesla boxes (scientific term). It appears some larger vehicle had side swiped the metal box. The metal buckled and left an opening of 2-3 inches. The meter showed no sign of life.
That is an area where they allow larger vehicles to park. (TV's etc...). Seems like a bozo incident to me - not intentional. This has not been a great location though - lots of other issues in the past.

Charged here this Sunday.....wow, I was surprised at how busy it was.

No stalls were ICEd this time but 7 of 8 stalls were full when we arrived around noon. During our 1/2 hour stay there were 4 out and 4 more in (mostly 3s)

Haven't been here often (4th time) but this was the busiest SC I've encountered in 2+ years of charging in FL, GA, SC, NC.