Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbia, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3981.JPG
Charging here this morning and it's delivering 300a. Coming from OIB to Charlotte I'm happy with general location since it shortens the trip & I used 200RM (might make it tough for 3 buyers from myr) this morning (+6 mph).

Isolated spot behind Hilton garden inn (cracker barrel up road would have been better for services) and don't you know it there is an ICE (Tahoe from TN. ) parked in 3B. Wouldn't have been my first choice but glad there is one.

Starting to think this may not happen in time for Thanksgiving.....
Well how about that! This is a nice surprise for my Thanksgiving trip from Orlando to Charlotte. Thanks Tesla! Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but......the route is great for traveling I-77 to I-26, but in my MS60 the 169 miles from the Savannah SC is just as challenging as Santee SC to Charlotte was/is (168 mi). While this is a more direct route now, it doesn't provide any relief from concentration on Wh/mi for 2.5 hours. It does shave about an hour off of my total trip however. I'll take it!

Not according to Google maps, which directs people going Charleston, SC to Charlotte, NC on the south side along I-77, well away from I-20/I-26.

Sorry, but Google Maps is not always accurate on routing and the one BIG thing Google Maps does not take into account is the amount of volume of cars traveling on I-20 and I-26 vs. I-77 down in the Columbia area. Tons more people driving from Augusta north on I-20 or South from Florence and on 26 (both from Asheville/Greenville and from Charleston, including coming up from 95 out of Fla/Ga is significant.

Reactions: pnungesser
Ok popped In today its behind the Hilton 8 stalls and only place for rvs to park so you may have to approach from the right side ( facing building)

Today happen to be graduation day from ft Jackson so I got a bunch of new recruits who wanted to pose in front of it

It is closest to 77 but can get there from 20 as well

Attachments

• IMG_1775.JPG
    IMG_1775.JPG
    777.9 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
I used this charger this weekend on a drive back from West Virgina. Was able to gap this to Savannah in a 60! No more out of the way Santee!

Parking spots are in a very bad location. They are very iceable. All spots would have been iced when I arrived except they had roped a couple off to paint new white lines. Others were iced. These are hotel parking spots in what looks like to be a limited parking lot.

If you are using this SC on a busy hotel weekend expect to be iced out and get no access.

• Informative
Reactions: democappy
Stopped there several times during Thanksgiving week. The Hilton Garden Inn is rather nice (good bathrooms), but the neighborhood is sparse/light industrial. Only did a quick look at Google for food outlets, but didn't see any close by. Might be advisable to buy food on your way in and eat in the car while charging.

BTW, today is my first anniversary since delivery, and I've thoroughly enjoyed the 17k miles put on this wonderful car.

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Stopped there several times during Thanksgiving week. The Hilton Garden Inn is rather nice (good bathrooms), but the neighborhood is sparse/light industrial. Only did a quick look at Google for food outlets, but didn't see any close by. Might be advisable to buy food on your way in and eat in the car while charging.

BTW, today is my first anniversary since delivery, and I've thoroughly enjoyed the 17k miles put on this wonderful car.

Agreed: stopped at Cracker Barrel about a mile up road towards 77 and headed to charger. Got stuck in some brutal rush hour traffic towards Hilton due to construction in that area.

This site was 100% ICEd when I went through during my recent road trip. Arrived here with 20 rated miles around 10:30PM. Management would not tow nor had any method of determining which guests were blocking the spots. No alternative ways to access these stalls (by driving up on the grass or something) either, since trees and such are directly behind them. Took about 90 minutes of waiting and pestering every person we saw out and about to find someone to move one of the cars so I could charge.

2017-03-18%2022.33.22-1920.jpg

Another manager was kind enough to provide a traffic cone to put in the spot once I was done, but that was about it.

Overall, hotels seem like horrible places for superchargers...

This site was 100% ICEd when I went through during my recent road trip. Arrived here with 20 rated miles around 10:30PM. Management would not tow nor had any method of determining which guests were blocking the spots. No alternative ways to access these stalls (by driving up on the grass or something) either, since trees and such are directly behind them. Took about 90 minutes of waiting and pestering every person we saw out and about to find someone to move one of the cars so I could charge.

Another manager was kind enough to provide a traffic cone to put in the spot once I was done, but that was about it.

Overall, hotels seem like horrible places for superchargers...

I'd probably very nonchalantly discretely leaned up against one car at time and nudge it like I would a vending machine to see if I could trip a car alarm on one of them. If even one of them would trip it'd probably save you an hour of standing around.

Was there the first week it was opened and found two spots ICED first thing in the morning (there was a conference that morning). The issue with this location is that there isn't enough parking out front and when the hotel is full and/or there is an event, charging spots are taken.

Agree that this is a terrible SC location....few services, a bit from highway and very limited parking.

btw: re: comment tied to hotels.....there can be a great location if there is plenty of available parking spots. I charged in Greenville the other night and had no issues.