Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbus, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
was there today and only 4 stalls are working.
Was there today, and chargers 1A & 2A are non-functional (people apparently broke the tape trying them, but they're offline).

1B gave us the full 120kW, though... So that one works. But it refused to disconnect and we had to access the emergency charge port manual release cord in the trunk (behind the slots cut into the trunk's black liner on the same side as the charge port).

Interestingly, the car's nav reported that all 6 bays were in use, but there was actually only 1 car here.

So YMMV.

Last edited:
Was there today, and chargers 1A & 2A are non-functional (people apparently broke the tape trying them, but they're offline).

1B gave us the full 120kW, though... So that one works. But it refused to disconnect and we had to access the emergency charge port manual release cord in the trunk (behind the slots cut into the trunk's black liner on the same side as the charge port).

Interestingly, the car's nav reported that all 6 bays were in use, but there was actually only 1 car here.

So YMMV.
1B gave me the same problem in my wife's model 3. I took the car to go from Austin to Katy last month and after supercharging, it would not disconnect. I felt like I was taking crazy pills. I had to google how to access the manual release cord since that was the first time it happened to me.

1B gave me the same problem in my wife's model 3. I took the car to go from Austin to Katy last month and after supercharging, it would not disconnect. I felt like I was taking crazy pills. I had to google how to access the manual release cord since that was the first time it happened to me.

Same thing happened to me 6 months ago, pretty sure on 1B. Finding that little latch inside my trunk was not fun. I almost always go through Giddings between Austin and Houston now.

I'm getting my Model Y hopefully when the factory opens up in a month. Quick question for the folks that do the Houston to Austin trip. Is it better to go through 290 now to avoid the issues with this SC? Or is it still ok to go I10-71?
Either way works, but I prefer the 290 route because of where I go in the city. I also pay attention to where the rush hour traffic will be. That's perhaps the biggest part of the choice.

The Giddings location has a great charger and the bathroom option is better. Giddings has better convenience store but Columbus has better restaurant choices. [Actually Giddings restaurants are better but they are nowhere near the Supercharger.]

After checking on Sealy's progress (or lack of) I used this SC again and what a nightmare... 1A gave 122kW for a few minutes and then dropped to 6kW and would bounce around but remain low. A car was plugged in 1C and I hope that one was working OK for them so I moved to 2B and that one worked for about 5 minutes, then disconnected, then started, then stopped, then asked to unplug and re-plug the connector. I was there for about 45 minutes and the Y that was in 1C was there the whole time so I wonder if they were having issues as well?

I was just there this weekend on a trip coming back from Austin, and reminded of how awful of a spot Columbus is.

It's in awkward rear back of a hotel with only a handful of charging stalls. I pulled in and every single stall was full, but thankfully a Model Y was leaving right as I was pulling in. Shortly after I connected a line formed with a new owner in a Model S and a Model Y behind him. I should've checked to see if I could've skipped Columbus and made it to the Katy SC instead.

My car also wouldn't pull more than 55kW either.

I know this is one of the early SCs on I-10, but I do hope they plan to update or upgrade this setup someday. Also the new V3 by Giga Texas is awesome!!!

IMG_1501.jpeg