Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Concord, CA (LIVE 2 Mar 2018, 19 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of us who use the Concord Supercharger have noticed a row of blocked off spaces towards the entrance to the back lot where the Superchargers are. In this area there was a lot of electrical cabinetry & switchgear waiting for installation. I had hoped that maybe there was going to be an expansion of the number of Supercharger stalls. Today I see that this electrical equipment has been installed on the back of a retail space at the corner undergoing leasehold improvements. Whatever business/restaurant is going into that corner apparently needs a whole lot of electrical service. So at least for now, no evidence of a Supercharger expansion.

Stopped by today - both 4B and 5A are taped off (black tape unfortunately; easy not to see it until you are already trying to plug in).

IMG_20191129_100112.jpg

Stopped by today - both 4B and 5A are taped off (black tape unfortunately; easy not to see it until you are already trying to plug in).

View attachment 482782

I was just at the Concord Supercharger today. 4B and 5A still taped off. And if you try to use the open stall of the pair (at least for 5B), you get a really reduced charge rate. So in effect 2 stacks/4 stalls are down/out. PITA.

Does anyone know why the Concord Supercharger is down again? I was on the way to an appointment and as I drove I saw the icon that shows it is out of service or degraded. Tapping on that shows "Temporary Closure" - unfortunately my appointment didn't allow me time to stop in and check on it. Anyone have details?

CON-SC-Close.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisJ
I got burned by this outage yesterday, and ran into an odd corner case/firmware glitch.

I left Napa with enough range to get to the Concord Supercharger with maybe 5 miles to spare (...yes, I know....). I tried to set the Concord Supercharger in as a destination by using the Supercharger icon on the right of the nav map. The Concord one did not pop up in the list, but usually I see closer ones. I used voice control to ask for navigation to the Supercharger, Concord, CA. I was given a route and began driving. No messages at any time about Concord being out, or messages about not making my destination. I got close to Concord and tapped on the icon to see how many stalls were open. Much to my surprise, I found out just then that the Supercharger was down. So with like 4 miles left I limped to a Level 2 charger, added 10 miles, then went to the Walnut Creek urban Supercharger.

Taught me a lesson to always click on the Supercharger icon to see if it is up or down. Kind of surprised that the firmware was not looking to see where I was navigating to and what my state of charge was. Maybe if I set a real destination past the Concord Supercharger I would have gotten a message that I would not make my (final) destination.

I noticed this outage on the Nav yesterday (mid-morning). When I headed out, I was going north on 680 past the Concord Supercharger so I glanced over to see if it was really down or not. There was only one car there, a white Model 3, with two people standing around next to it.

Looking at some data I've been logging on charger availability, I would guess it might have been declared down in the late afternoon (~4PM?) on Saturday.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: Blu Zap