Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Concord, CA (LIVE 2 Mar 2018, 19 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_5038.jpg
Happy this is up and running.

Construction crew still passive agressive in the daytime, obscuring the signage on the right that tells new tesla drivers where it is and parking an otherwise unused vehicle (wasnt moving while I was there for an hour) in the path to drive around.

I have used this charger a few times already. here are a few observations.
1. They have signs that say 30 minute tesla parking. While the lot has never been full, usually it takes me 50 minutes to do a full charge.
2. in the evening, i have seen at the most 6 others there. so there has always been plenty of space for me
3. the pizza was good at Mod Pizza. a bit over priced but still good. i would rather see a NY Style by the slice place.
4. Need the other businesses to open up. while i dont mind waiting in the car, an area like this lends itself to doing some window shopping . which of course leads me to buy stuff i dont need. so it will be better once stuff is open.
5. biggest pet peeve - the way in and out is not great. they really should have added another outlet into the back side.

i am sure the construction crews will be out of there soon enough. i am really just glad they are open considering the construction is still going on.

For those who have used this site, WHERE is the restroom ? There's a sign along the pathway adjacent the cinema on the left saying restrooms this way pointing roughly back towards the chargers, but the only things in sight are the construction crew portapotties. Is that what they mean ?

For those who have used this site, WHERE is the restroom ? There's a sign along the pathway adjacent the cinema on the left saying restrooms this way pointing roughly back towards the chargers, but the only things in sight are the construction crew portapotties. Is that what they mean ?

Most likely. I just pop into the movie theater for a better restroom experience.

1. They have signs that say 30 minute tesla parking. While the lot has never been full, usually it takes me 50 minutes to do a full charge.
This has nothing to do with you and I charging our Teslas. Malls like this are required to have so many parking places relative to the size of the mall. By saying ICEs can park in our charging spots for 30 minutes is a way around the requirement. They are saying our charging spots are available for all which helps meet their parking space to business space ratio.

***** Please do not drink and drive ******

As a responsible adult, i stopped by to charge and went to the movie theater for use of the restroom. i noticed they had a bar. well, since i had 45 minutes to kill, i ordered a beer. $8.35 ($10 with tip) for a coors light. this was the small beer. talk about highway robbery. i mean that was expensive. i know there will be plenty of other places once things get built up more. but i wanted to warn others just so they know before they sit at the bar.

• Funny
Reactions: Skryll
Moderator note: Before this thread goes off the rails with a discussion of why @utvol3287 drank a beer while charging his car but says “do not drink and drive”; please be aware that his post and any other responses to it will be split to a new thread in Off Topic if there are any further responses (as I predict there will be :). The discussion can of course be continued there. Thank you.

Moderator note: Before this thread goes off the rails with a discussion of why @utvol3287 drank a beer while charging his car but says “do not drink and drive”; please be aware that his post and any other responses to it will be split to a new thread in Off Topic if there are any further responses (as I predict there will be :). The discussion can of course be continued there. Thank you.

Cheers

[...]stopped by to charge and went to the movie theater for use of the restroom. i noticed they had a bar. well, since i had 45 minutes to kill, i ordered a beer. $8.35 ($10 with tip) for a coors light. this was the small beer. talk about highway robbery. i mean that was expensive. [...]

If you walk up the slope towards the restaurants, there is also a Panera which has a fireplace to sit next to with a cup of coffee and some nice sandwich. In the other direction towards the new area, past the movie theatre, there is an ice skating ring, a cost-plus with lots of fun international food and snacks, a peets coffee shop, a pretty good pizza fast food place, superduper burgers, and in the far corner a 360 wholefoods aka amazon supermarket.

So many options better than the severely overpriced imax food and drinks :)

How full were the parking spots adjacent to the supercharger and in the main area of the shopping center? If utilization of these out of the way spaces were higher than the main parking area that would make an excellent business case for the shopping center to agree to an expansion of the supercharger. It might even make financial sense for the shopping center to pay for the installation.