Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Concord, CA (LIVE 2 Mar 2018, 19 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So do people in Cali not charge at home?

We mostly charge at home, but it is convenient to fill up while you go shopping, or as a stop on the way home from Tahoe with only 35 mile of range left, ready to go out one more time if needed. For me it is also a matter of how full it is, if it has only 5/20 spots taken, I am more likely to do it than when I see it approaches 50% capacity and you could be slowing a real traveler down.

There also is free slow L2 charging outside at the Volta chargers, I think 3 out of the 4 work, but I feel bad about taking those up because the short range cars like Leaf etc depend on it more than we do. So I often just park next to it to show presence without taking the spot.

Saw the infamous “Tiffany Blue” MX charging here yesterday evening

2FAB29CE-7FB1-4D0D-B28E-3DD565F295F6.jpeg

2A wasn’t working this afternoon - said something to the effect of “check power to charger”

Moved a few stalls over and was pulling mid 30s kW for most of the charge with 15 stalls occupied

Side note, Mikuni (a pretty decent sushi chain that started in the Sacramento area) recently opened at the Veranda. Definitely a welcome addition to town.

Reactions: bmah
2A wasn’t working this afternoon - said something to the effect of “check power to charger”

Moved a few stalls over and was pulling mid 30s kW for most of the charge with 15 stalls occupied

Side note, Mikuni (a pretty decent sushi chain that started in the Sacramento area) recently opened at the Veranda. Definitely a welcome addition to town.
I was just there MS75 started supercharging at 46% and got 86kW. There were only four or five other cars though.

Thanks for that tip...we went there for lunch today and it was pretty good. Now that more restaurants and shops are open (compared to when the Supercharger first opened) this site seems like a pretty pleasant place for a traveller's stop. The shopping center also has an open area with ping-pong and cornhole, and a climbing structure for kids. I walked over the chargers when we were waiting for our table (about 1230) and they were mostly but not totally full.

Bruce.

Reactions: Skryll
Like to charge here between 11PM - 7AM

Coffee Shop changed their hours to open at 8AM (used to be 6:30 AM) That sucks! Now I have to go to PEET's!

Mikuni, Puesto (Mexican), Poke bowl, Mod Pizza, Yardhouse (coming soon) - Don't forget Residual Sugar if you'd like a nice glass of wine.

Great place to charge your Tesla

They now have $20 'waterless' car washes there too while charging.

Hi, next time your there may you please look at the last stall, “the one @ the end or closest to the street” on the curb, bark, or landscape area in the back as I may have lost a generational gold and initialed bracelet @ the Concord CA Supercharger, if you come across it please give me a shout @ 916-250-0990. Much appreciated, and God Bless!

We charged in Concord on the way home from Tahoe today. Like last time a month ago a few of the chargers were not working (charging would not start). More interestingly the parking spaces to the east are coned off and there is what appears to be a new transformer pad with big conduits. Is Tesla installing more Superchargers here? Or upgrading to V3? A quick search didn't show a new permit....

I was heading down to the Concord Superchargers this morning. The icon in nav would not show the number of available chargers. Got there today Saturday at 11:15 am. All down. No techs seen on site. And if you call Tesla Support after hours to report a problem, no way to speak to someone and report an issue.

I did check my iPhone app at 5:00 pm and went to the Charging tab, and it does show Concord as down.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah