TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Concord ON

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by REIT, Nov 10, 2017.

1. rypalmer

rypalmer Active Member

Agreed. 20 stalls, not 22.

@BlueShift for visibility

2. MarcoRP

MarcoRP Mr. PlugShare

Man we are really bothering him ;)

• Funny x 1
  3. RichardC

RichardC Cdn Sig & Solar Supporter

Any news on go-live for this location?

4. Grindiezar

Grindiezar Member

IMG_20171123_124833.jpg IMG_20171123_124723.jpg IMG_20171123_124657.jpg They're running the cables..... Maybe it'll be online by then the end of next week IMG_20171123_124833.jpg IMG_20171123_124723.jpg IMG_20171123_124657.jpg

5. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

These are from today. A friend took them. Not sure if cabinets are done yet or not.....
    Resized_20171124_092116_4300.jpeg
    Resized_20171124_092153_8348.jpeg

• Like x 3
  6. Avronp

Avronp Member

looks like the cables have gone into the electrical conduits

(note to photo documenters- the cell camera will fit through the fence - keeping the majority of the phone outside so it does not drop into the enclosure )

7. Grindiezar

Grindiezar Member

I've been taking pics from inside of my X
    Too lazy to get out

• Funny x 1
  8. Safari

Safari Member

We saw them pushing cables today, four spools at a time into the conduit. Workers wouldn't comment on when they think they will be done but it didn't seem imminent :-( Mall Security won't enforce the "Electric Vehicle Parking" signs by the J1772 chargers on the south side, so I'm not if the "Tesla Vehicle Charging Only" signs will prevent ICEing. Here's hoping.

Attached Files:

9. MarcoRP

MarcoRP Mr. PlugShare

IMG_3912.JPG Can't wait!

• Like x 3
  10. Avronp

Avronp Member

its impressive - some of the concrete slabs are missing things, however none seem to have any conduit exposed - the view when you get out the car - note the signs are up, grass is back IMG_20171126_161321.jpg and the concrete stands have bolts but no conduit visible - 4 more chargers at the far end of this picture

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
  11. Avronp

Avronp Member

my bad I see the conduit in the stands - lights?

12. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

Does anyone know if tesla pays to rent the land? If so tesla would have a good beef and I will bet enforcement will be better.

13. Peter_M

Peter_M Member

Before Port Hope was built and I was scouting around Cobourg, I talked to a mall manager there who said they turned down a supercharger because Tesla wasn't willing to pay rent. I would guess that they normally don't pay rent, but maybe they do in some locations. It seems to make sense - "We'll cover all the costs; all you have to do is give up some (usually) low-utilization parking spaces and you'll get some good green marketing points plus Tesla drivers with time on their hands at your establishment."

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  14. MarcoRP

MarcoRP Mr. PlugShare

IMG_4622.JPG

• Like x 1
  15. Sisko - DS9

Sisko - DS9 Member

Good evening forum readers. I was doing some errands on the weekend and decided to stop by a couple of the new sites. From what I could tell, Vaughn Mills SC should be up and running by Christmas weekend, if not sooner - like within a week. Enclose a couple of pictures I took on Saturday December 2, 2017. I also took a visit to the Markham site, it is far from being ready - check the photos out in that thread.

IMG_0419.JPG IMG_0420.JPG IMG_0421.JPG IMG_0422.JPG

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  16. Jabardo

Jabardo Member

I just came back from scouting the progress, the fencing is all down, unfortunately there is no power coming from the units yet.

17. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

No pics?? Never happened...

18. ElectrifyAB

ElectrifyAB Member

IMG_1179.JPG Posted earlier today in the tesla forum on Reddit. Credit user u/boxedmilk

• Informative x 1
  19. wayner

wayner Active Member

You never know how long it will take - I believe the new Barrie site has looked like this for 6 weeks and it still isn't up and running.

20. racer26

racer26 Active Member

Perhaps Tesla is for some reason waiting to throw the switch on all these new southern Ontario superchargers at the same time, and we'll all of a sudden have like 8 sites come online all at once?