TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Concord ON

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by REIT, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Arturino

Arturino Member

Yes, there was 1 i8...
    I asked one lady, who just parked while I was there, why she park here, as these spots are for Teslas only. She replied - But I dont see any Tesla here...

I think, this SC will be ICEd most of the time.

2. Shaz

Shaz Member

So if in case all the spots are iced and I need to charge, who would we contact? Or can we even do anything about it?

3. Arturino

Arturino Member

4. Peter_M

Peter_M Member

Call Tesla's roadside assistance number and tell them. They can talk to the property owner and possibly change signage or add cones or chains if it's an ongoing issue. Of course, that won't get the cars moved that day, but it should help in the long run. At a mall like this, there's not much you can do other than leave a note on the windshield of all the cars explaining about EV charging, and then wait for someone to leave. At a hotel, you could take the license numbers to the front desk, since they sometimes get license numbers from guests.

• Helpful x 2
  5. ytwytw

ytwytw Member

Just back from the mall this evening

20 stalls are all ICE’d

Tag n tow is the only way to fix

Downtown Green P does this couple times and bravo

• Like x 5
  6. Grindiezar

Grindiezar Member

Vaughan Mills management is useless. I see the charge point chargers iced so many times and bring it to their attention and they never do anything about it. Tesla needs to do something to enforce the super chargers

• Like x 1
  7. Grindiezar

Grindiezar Member

Those chargers should've been located at the back close to Bass Pro. Where they keep the boats. That area back there is always empty. But the location where they're at now is always busy. It's a prime entrance

• Like x 1
  8. rpm001

rpm001 Member

I think something like bright red paint on the ground might help. There are always going to be some people, but maybe that deters a few.

But people also get crazy this time of year. Maybe in January it will be better...

• Like x 1
  9. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

You'd have to look at the agreement between Tesla and the CF. Based on the language of the signage, I have a sneaking suspicion that the agreement might say something like "Landlord is not responsible for parking enforcement over said spaces and spaces are not for the exclusive use of Tesla vehicles".

Otherwise, there would be signs that say "Tesla vehicles only, all other vehicles will be towed at Owner's expense". Maybe Tesla is forced into such crappy deals to ensure they get the space they desire???

10. Shaz

Shaz Member

Yeah, this would definitely suck if not enforced at all by the mall. I myself will probably never use it since I charge at home every day, but it still annoys me that my fellow Tesla owners will get ICED.

11. wayner

wayner Active Member

This one isn't CF.

12. Peter_M

Peter_M Member

When the Kingston SC was built, many of us told Tesla we were concerned about ICEing because they just had the red Tesla signs saying "Tesla Electric Vehicle Parking" and "Tesla 30 minute Parking". After a while, they added signs like this:

upload_2017-12-11_9-36-2.png

This won't stop everyone, but it does help.

• Like x 3
  13. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

The same signs were added at Woodstock and it helped stop ICEing.

• Like x 4
  14. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Active Member

Just put EV parking tickets you can download from the net on their windshields.
    Be sure to print on yellow paper so,it looks official.
    These tickets are not real of course but a friendly note on them goes a long way.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  15. Grindiezar

Grindiezar Member

Update : Chargers are unlocked but not charging yet...... Hopefully soon
    Few days back the chargers were locked.

• Informative x 2
  16. Arturino

Arturino Member

Visited today the SC around noon - surprisingly not a single spot was ICEd.

• Like x 2
  17. ytwytw

ytwytw Member

Only weekend will be ICE’d

Weekday is quiet over there

• Like x 1
  18. blackscraper

blackscraper Member

Was the lot full or nearly full?

19. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

I get the impression that people think of these spots as “Tesla reserved parking” spots and then either get resentful (why should rich people who drive a Tesla get a preferred spot?) or as someone pointed out “there were no Tesla cars there, so I parked”. They do not think of these spots as “Tesla reserved charging spots” (although some Tesla owners suffer from the same misconception).

Better and more clear signage indicating that these are Tesla CHARGING spots may help.

• Like x 1
  20. tashtibet

tashtibet Member

could be that people living in that part have never learn to respect or obey-do not even care of their surrounding.

• Like x 1