Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Concord ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if in case all the spots are iced and I need to charge, who would we contact? Or can we even do anything about it?
Call Tesla's roadside assistance number and tell them. They can talk to the property owner and possibly change signage or add cones or chains if it's an ongoing issue. Of course, that won't get the cars moved that day, but it should help in the long run. At a mall like this, there's not much you can do other than leave a note on the windshield of all the cars explaining about EV charging, and then wait for someone to leave. At a hotel, you could take the license numbers to the front desk, since they sometimes get license numbers from guests.

• Helpful
Reactions: Falkirk and Shaz
Vaughan Mills management is useless. I see the charge point chargers iced so many times and bring it to their attention and they never do anything about it. Tesla needs to do something to enforce the super chargers

You'd have to look at the agreement between Tesla and the CF. Based on the language of the signage, I have a sneaking suspicion that the agreement might say something like "Landlord is not responsible for parking enforcement over said spaces and spaces are not for the exclusive use of Tesla vehicles".

Otherwise, there would be signs that say "Tesla vehicles only, all other vehicles will be towed at Owner's expense". Maybe Tesla is forced into such crappy deals to ensure they get the space they desire???

When the Kingston SC was built, many of us told Tesla we were concerned about ICEing because they just had the red Tesla signs saying "Tesla Electric Vehicle Parking" and "Tesla 30 minute Parking". After a while, they added signs like this:

upload_2017-12-11_9-36-2.png

This won't stop everyone, but it does help.

I get the impression that people think of these spots as “Tesla reserved parking” spots and then either get resentful (why should rich people who drive a Tesla get a preferred spot?) or as someone pointed out “there were no Tesla cars there, so I parked”. They do not think of these spots as “Tesla reserved charging spots” (although some Tesla owners suffer from the same misconception).

Better and more clear signage indicating that these are Tesla CHARGING spots may help.

Reactions: Drone Flyer