Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Concord ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just tried Stall 6A same situation

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 148
So I’m at the Buffalo supercharger stall 2A, same experience as Vaughan, topped up at 68KW. However, I stopped by at Grimsby on the way and got my full 94KW charging rate

Edit: stall 3B is giving me full power (95KW).

Stall 1B, 3A, and 4A refuse to latch on to the car, stalls 1A is “snow plowed/ICED in”

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
So I’m at the Buffalo supercharger stall 2A, same experience as Vaughan, topped up at 68KW. However, I stopped by at Grimsby on the way and got my full 94KW charging rate

Edit: stall 3B is giving me full power (95KW).

Stall 1B, 3A, and 4A refuse to latch on to the car, stalls 1A is “snow plowed/ICED in”

I did a trip past weekend, you can get 100+ @ Buffalo supercharger, try 3AB or 4AB, they are good for me

And I just out Vaughan mills today, easy 100+ from 30% SoC

It's 3C today, weather helps lots

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
I did a trip past weekend, you can get 100+ @ Buffalo supercharger, try 3AB or 4AB, they are good for me

The 75D is limited to a theoretical max of 100. highest I've seen it go is 98KW

Vaughan Mills you can get high numbers, but it just depends on time. From what I noticed, I get full speed after 7pm - Coincides with off peak timing?

If you noticed my post from the weekend, I was over 100 kw at Vaughan Mills and it was -32 celsius. I don't think it's weather with respect to the supercharger...it's your battery's temperature.

I had just driven for an hr before arriving there so likely my battery was perfectly to temp. 104 kw which I believe is the highest anyone has ever had at the vaughan mills supercharger. On the coldest day of the year. Also interesting to note, I was at about 40% SOC and still received that.

screenshot_2018-01-06-11-03-07-png.271474

Reactions: Falkirk
If you noticed my post from the weekend, I was over 100 kw at Vaughan Mills and it was -32 celsius. I don't think it's weather with respect to the supercharger...it's your battery's temperature.

I had just driven for an hr before arriving there so likely my battery was perfectly to temp. 104 kw which I believe is the highest anyone has ever had at the vaughan mills supercharger. On the coldest day of the year. Also interesting to note, I was at about 40% SOC and still received that.

screenshot_2018-01-06-11-03-07-png.271474

The weather helps to warm up the battery as it's much warmer to start

I did got 100+kWh supercharger speed when it's -20C and talked about in previous post

Are you saying your battery was -32C? Where did you get that temperature reading from?

That wasn't the air temperature anywhere in Southern Ontario on the weekend. The low on Saturday morning in Vaughan at about 7am was -25C:
https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/canada/vaughan/historic

Are you saying your battery was -32C? Where did you get that temperature reading from?

That wasn't the air temperature anywhere in Southern Ontario on the weekend. The low on Saturday morning in Vaughan at about 7am was -25C:
Past Weather in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada — Yesterday or Further Back
It showed -32C on my car when I left home so I'll go ahead and say it was PFC (pretty and cold are the first and last words).I got to the mall in the morning. I posted some pics/screenshots taken at about 11am from inside the mall.

If it wasn't quite -32C and was in fact -21C...help me out wayner...does it matter? Or are you just bored and splitting hairs? If so I can respect that but you're losing sight of the big picture.

The discussion is around cold temps and crappy supercharging power and frankly I think it has nothing to do with how cold the supercharger is, it has everything to do with how cold your car's battery is. As my results proved. After a lengthy drive to Vaughan Mills with a preheated battery in my heated garage before I left home, I arrived and received 104 kw from the superchargers that are supposedly 'maxed out' at 60something because it's so cold. Nope...it's the car, not the charger.

As a guy who grew up near here.....

When York region was carved up a few decades ago, the two southern-most cities, Vaughan and Markham, contained a number of communities. Markham had Thornhill (the east side), Unionville, and Markham, (and many others) that were gathered into one city. Vauaghan had Thornhill (the west side) Woodbridge, Kleinburg and Concord.

All of these "villages" continue to use their names as postal addresses. Even today, the residents consider themselves as part of that community.

Vaughan Mills is in Concord. Concord residents will claim it as theirs, but outsiders will not understand it. There are no signs saying "welcome to Concord" going to the area. They will see Vaughan signs.
For clarity of visitors, it makes better sense to call it Vaughan.

Thanks
Murray - formerly of Thornhill (Markham side)

I know I'm late to this thread, but nonetheless, on the Vaughan side you missed Maple. Vaughan is an amalgamation of 5 towns, not 4.