Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brooklyn, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They use it bc they have no choice. It’s is a VERY unpleasant experience.

Hot as hell in summers. No AC at stations and the ones in the subway cars don’t work well.

Crime infested by violent thugs.

Very very dirty. Rats and vomit and urine infested.
Spot on, don't forget the homeless too, the smell makes it much worse. Add on to that, the congestion won't add to service frequency, so they want more people on the trains, but won't create more supply / space of train. Absolutely robbery. Don't forget the ballooning budget where subway police made over $155 million in overtime on a $4 million budget. That's almost 40x of what was budget (imagine that happen in a private company), but I don't feel 40x safer. Also I like how they're only there to mainly catch fare evaders, but that overtime budget costs far more than fare evaders imo, I don't NYPD catching one of their own for OT abusing. Wait, got to keep them happy otherwise our elected officials won't have a job and will be voted out of office. 🤡

Reactions: Cuttin
Sure, it moves millions and get the job done, but ask them about their satisfactory level. From accessibility / ease of use to reliability to cleanliness. Then ask them, if they have a choice of better viable alternatives to get around the city, would they do it?

They do have other choices, it's called a Taxi/rideshare. Yellow Cab and Revel are very popular.

Does anyone can tell me - this location have congestion price (when you charge over 80%)? Please do not mix up with idle fee (when battery is full and you are not disconnected in 5 min). My car have free supercharger and I have no way to know. Thank you in advance.

Does anyone can tell me - this location have congestion price (when you charge over 80%)? Please do not mix up with idle fee (when battery is full and you are not disconnected in 5 min). My car have free supercharger and I have no way to know. Thank you in advance.
IMG_2595.png

I think I saw somewhere that this particular location is one of the few in the country where if you stay for more than 80% of charge you’ll have to pay separate fees.

Which I think is excellent idea!!!

Take away the CCS adapter magic is another excellent idea for this particular location.

And the more difficult solution, would obviously be to install more chargers

Reactions: abalexab
i'm currious, do all these TLC vehicles pay to charge? or are they getting free supercharging? at $0.49/kWh it sounds to me like SCing is more expensive than gas.

my S85D battery failed at the eed of October 2023 and when I went to Tesla in Redhook in early November to reair/replace the battery there was a huge line of people that wrapped around the block. I asked someone on the line and they said they were there to take advantage of some sort of TLC incentive.

does anyone know if said incentive subsidizes the charging cost of some of these cars?

i assume since these chargers are typically slammed, charging abpove 80% is restricted.

i'm currious, do all these TLC vehicles pay to charge? or are they getting free supercharging? at $0.49/kWh it sounds to me like SCing is more expensive than gas.

my S85D battery failed at the eed of October 2023 and when I went to Tesla in Redhook in early November to reair/replace the battery there was a huge line of people that wrapped around the block. I asked someone on the line and they said they were there to take advantage of some sort of TLC incentive.

does anyone know if said incentive subsidizes the charging cost of some of these cars?

i assume since these chargers are typically slammed, charging abpove 80% is restricted.
TLC is releasing new plates only for EVs or handicapped-accessible. So it's not a question of gas vs electric pricing. If you want a released-once-in-a-while TLC plate, you need to put it on an EV or handicapped-accessible vehicle.

TLC is releasing new plates only for EVs or handicapped-accessible. So it's not a question of gas vs electric pricing. If you want a released-once-in-a-while TLC plate, you need to put it on an EV or handicapped-accessible vehicle.
I rode in an Uber Model Y the other day and was told that the driver owned that particular vehicle and had 6 months free supercharging.

i agree with most that cars with TLC plates should not have access to free supercharging.

I told him that the math would look a lot different once his free supercharging was exhausted. it sounded like he had not thought that far ahead.

he also livd in Jersey where there were more SCers with free parking than there are in the 5 buroughs