Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Congestion Updates - Connect/Gigafactory Weekend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mt Shasta was full a few minutes ago, down to 3 now but AEDennis and dbullard are coming. At least one of them is staying here so won't need a charge immediately.

It was just @dbullard there when I got there, then two others came soon after... Two waiting when I pulled out.

I was alone at Corning the whole time I charged.

Spent the night in Sacramento. Hyatt Regency in Sacramento has dozens of Clipper a Creek and about 5 or 6 HPWC... However, they were all still unpowered.

Found one J1772 working and used that. See some of you at Connect tonight and gigafactory party tomorrow.

I was alone at Corning last night, and this morning at Corning and both Truckee stops. One car pulled in at the Eastern Truckee stop as I was leaving.

There was only one other car at the Reno Supercharger when I arrived. They have a parking area around it cordoned off, with an attendant that waves you in when you drive up in a Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
Driving up from Los Angeles, I charged at the Mojave SC, then was going to skip the Inyo Kern SC to charge at Lone Pine SC. But I noticed a different symbol for the Lone Pine SC on the nav screen.

Clicking on it produced a warning message to the effect that charging is severely limited there. Called SC hotline and was told that yes power irregularities is causing slow charging. Probably because of the hot weather - encountered up to 119F! And those charger connectors are hot hot hot!\

So charged at Inyo Kern, then dropped by Lone Pine - and yes charging was limited to 60 kW compared to Inyo Kern's 100+ kW. Comparing to prior trip's charging at Manteca SC of 115 kW the charging chart was much better behaved.
Inyo Kern SC 072816.jpg Lone Pine SC 072816.jpg Buttonwillow SC 041916.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
Was only getting 75A for 10 mins, so headed to Brockway Rd... much better. 300A and only one other car here. There is one of the general parking spots currently ice'd, though
Yeah, the truckee sc hasn't been very fast, when i'm not paired. 200mph on a 30% full battery rather than the near 300mph I'd expect., Brockway is faster. Perhaps this is intentional to wean us away from truckee. There's more to do at truckee, though.